SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
China suspends military exchanges with US
BEIJING – China suspended military exchange visits with the United States on Saturday in protest over $6.4 billion in planned U.S. arms sales to Taiwan and warned the U.S. ambassador that the sales would harm already strained ties.

The state-run Xinhua News Agency cited the Defense Ministry as saying the suspension is due to the "severe harm" of the arms sales on the two countries' military relations.

China suspends military exchanges with US - Yahoo! News

Last edited by a moderator:

Saoirse

You can bet your ass there will be no talk of strong arm tactics against Beijing
Western economies are wary of messing with China and like school yard bullies the west also knows when NOT to pick a fight

Any ill advised sortees or actions would not be against third world disorganised opponents

Last edited:

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
I find this very interesting. I wonder why China has OVER 1,000 ballistic rockets aimed at Taiwan?

Bob

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
It's not only the Americans that have concerns over the huge weapons build up in China, the UN and other countries have their eyes on them also.

Bob

mollag

Kipper restorer
I imagine the Chinese and other countries worry about the existing stockpiles of arms in america.
Just for balance and democratic fairness that the USA seems to love, perhaps a few billions worth of armaments to Cuba would be in order, couldnt hurt could it ?

mollag

Kipper restorer
Similar siuation, big power has annoying island neighbor or that the USA behaves in a manner with Taiwan that it would not accept for Cuba, IMHO obvious hypocracy/double standards.
How do you think the USA would react if China offers Cuba 2 billion in arms?, then you can see how China feels about arms to Taiwan

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Does anyone think that China could organise concerted action across more than one province. Hugely successful enterprise zones, remitting nothing in taxes to the central govt. give a totally misleading picture of the country as a whole. As a nation they are broke, no food, 75% living in abject poverty, no fresh water that is not polluted. Once a completely cowed and subservient people realise the full extent of the con it will all start to unravel. World superpower, only cos they trade their peoples lives wholesale for cheap exports.

Steve.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Mollag, I have not been following any Taiwan issues. It is a part of China. Not sure what's going on there. Cuba is NOT part of America though...that's the difference. If Taiwan has intentions of going to war with China ( Seems highly unlikely ) then thats a civil war. Is Taiwan trying to part ways with China?

Bob

mollag

Kipper restorer
Mollag, I have not been following any Taiwan issues. It is a part of China. Not sure what's going on there. Cuba is NOT part of America though...that's the difference. If Taiwan has intentions of going to war with China ( Seems highly unlikely ) then thats a civil war. Is Taiwan trying to part ways with China?

Bob

China does not recognise Taiwan [formosa] as anything other than part of
china, they have held off "invading" for a variety of reasons, all about threats from the USA over the years.
America finances and arms Taiwan as a dagger at the heart of China, similar to Israel in the middle east.
Taiwans usefullness has waned over the years as China has developed into a trading partner so the USA has been backing off from Taiwan, this move with the arms is odd, perhaps an inheritance from Dubya.

Last edited:

giglets

Does anyone think that China could organise concerted action across more than one province. Hugely successful enterprise zones, remitting nothing in taxes to the central govt. give a totally misleading picture of the country as a whole. As a nation they are broke, no food, 75% living in abject poverty, no fresh water that is not polluted. Once a completely cowed and subservient people realise the full extent of the con it will all start to unravel. World superpower, only cos they trade their peoples lives wholesale for cheap exports.

Steve.

Steve,

You are, of course, correct in your basic assessment of the Peoples Republic Of China.
It is a house built on sand, which, being the usual type of Dictatorship, completely and ruthlessly subjugates it's own people and, if neccessary, killing them by the millions, as under Mao.
It has no free press, has hundreds of "Guantanamos" full of poilitical dissidents and wouldn't recognise an independant judicial system if it was slapped in the face by one!
It's bullying tactics over Taiwan, Tibet, India etc... are very well documented and it regularly features at the top of the table of Human Rights violators.
Economically they are undoubtedly a rising and powerful world force, but, as you also state, this is mainly built on slave labour and a complete lack of any notion of Health and Safety for it's workforce, tens of thousands of whom have already perished in building "The Chinese Miracle".
Problem is, that economic power now makes it almost impossible for any other Nation to tell it some home truths, and as we all know, it will not countenance any internal dissent from it's own citizens, who are mercilessly crushed if they attempt such a thing!

Trying hard to find one redeeming quality of the Chinese regime - failed - it doesn't have one!!

Saoirse

giglets any country slightly to the left of ghengis khan is unacceptable to you!

giglets

When, exactly did Ghengis become a country, Philip?

Merely trying to give China the same scrutiny as you give the US and the UK.

Uncomfortable, isn't it!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom