Saoirse

children in need-what a bore
I personally find this one big yawn.

What seems like about 20 hours of boring repetitive "entertainment" in order to guilt trip the viewers into letting the Government off the hook in providing care and assistance to their public is well past its sell by date.

Watching has beens and egotists, some with pretty dubious commitment to the charity (lest we forget Mr Wogan charging for his services!) is painful and pointless

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Couldn't agree more Philip, can't stand the programme myself. If i want to give to charity i will, i don't need them in my face on a friday night showing off, look at me , i can sing and dance even.
As you say, it's only to get their egos boosted. :17:

Rant over!!!!!!!!

Jeannie

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Its a good thing for the children . But high time they thought up something different for the show . maybe a different setting or different acts that we would enjoy . Ant and Deck are much better ...Diane

Reactions: GnD

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Oooooo, it's worth having it on in the background just to have watched John Barrowman, he's gorgeous, lol

jakkigers

Eccleston/Konacik
For me it's JLS - and yes, I'm old enough to be their mother but a girl can dream can't she :416pv:

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Oooooo, it's worth having it on in the background just to have watched John Barrowman, he's gorgeous, lol

I agree - I am strangley addicted to John Barrowman after seeing him on a cooking/food programme with Nigel Slater (Taste of my life or similiar?). He just seems a good storyteller...however I cannot get into his book. I even watched Family Fotunes the other week with him on! He has been covering for Elaine Paige on her musicals radio show the last few Sundays on BBC2 and I am glued to the radio.

Philip - I agree with you on your original post. I have worked for a charity and done voluntary work in the past...I would rather give my time than money and do something at the 'coalface' - at least that way I know my 'giving' is going to the intended source and not a fatcat's pay or on 'admin costs'. Carol

DaveL1234

David L
I personally find this one big yawn.

Watching has beens and egotists, some with pretty dubious commitment to the charity (lest we forget Mr Wogan charging for his services!) is painful and pointless

Well don't watch it then. Keep your money in yer pocket. Moaning for moanings sake
:17:

Martyn

I'd pay £50 if to C-I-N if Terry Wogan would pull off his wig and volley it into the audience.:redface:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I agree - I am strangley addicted to John Barrowman after seeing him on a cooking/food programme with Nigel Slater (Taste of my life or similiar?). He just seems a good storyteller...however I cannot get into his book. I even watched Family Fotunes the other week with him on! He has been covering for Elaine Paige on her musicals radio show the last few Sundays on BBC2 and I am glued to the radio.

Philip - I agree with you on your original post. I have worked for a charity and done voluntary work in the past...I would rather give my time than money and do something at the 'coalface' - at least that way I know my 'giving' is going to the intended source and not a fatcat's pay or on 'admin costs'. Carol

It's his eyes, very smiley eyes he has.

GnD

Never watch it 'cept the bits my girls' select ie this time only seen Peter Kay's kiddies song - rather good methinks! made me smile. But always donate in the buckets around. Five minutes more than enough.

I think they could do it in far less time. It just goes on and on and on!

The Albert Hall concert was bloody good last night!!
Snow Patrol,Take That,Leona,Muse,Robbie W,Katharine Jenkins etc etc
A great musical evening.
Tonight did go on a bit but if it raises 15 Million squid and some helps the kids,why not?
Cant please everybody but I enjoyed the concert
I guess if celebrities never did anything for charity they would be accused of complacency

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Switch over, stop whingeing, 5000 other channels to gripe about, get a life, complain to whomsoever controls the remote in your life.

Edited by myself to include apology for intemperate earlier comment, which i regret and apologise for forthwith.

Steve.

Last edited:

arrian

R.I.P
don't watch much of C-I-N as i'm getting too old now to stay up past 9-30! but would have loved to have seen the Jersey Boys,wow, can they sing? but have to say Pineapple, if Ant & Dec presented the show, i wouldn't even switch on.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom