jane2005

Can't get enough
Children Flying Alone
I am having a huge amount of trouble trying to get an airline to let my children fly alone, Chloe my daughter has done it a few times alone but she is flying with my son who is 15, no airline apart from Turkish Airlines will let them fly, but they are asking, wait for it ............... £675 each.........one way!!!!

This is a bit of a long shot, but if anyone is flying out to Bodrum in the next week is there any chance they can check in with you, just really so they can fly. I will be there with them at check in and thier Granma will be there to meet them at the other end. The plan was that they spent the full summer holidays in Turkey, I am going over on the 8th August for 2 weeks. It's no problem them flying back alone as Chloe will be 18 by then.

I am pulling my hair out here.

Any suggestions???

Thanks Jane.

maggie

Children Flying Alone
Jane you failed to put which airport will be easier for them to fly from just a point pet.!!!!!
Hugs Maggie xx

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Children Flying Alone
We had the same problem with our granddaughter a couple of years ago, in the end she went from Heathrow to Munich to Izmir with Lufhansa (can't spell it) They were excellent and were under £300. Worth while searching around.

Bebelka

Children Flying Alone
Ooops, I to forgot the airport: Birmingham,

It's a pity the old man is flying out now as I am writing this, only he has just text to say he has been delayed 45min..... hope that is all, or is it going to be a long flight????

jaideep

Children Flying Alone
Hi Jane

My daughter has recently flown with Aegean flights to Dalaman from east midlands airport age 16, I just had to fax letter of consent for her to fly, to them prior to flight and a copy in her possession. There was also another company that allows children from age 14 yrs old to fly alone, it was one of the cheaper ones. will post again when i find out which one.

hope this helps

Jaideep:cheer2:

jaideep

Children Flying Alone
Hi Jane

Jet2.com is the other company, not sure if they fly to bodrum. Age 14 and up can fly alone. Age 14yrs and under needs to be accompanied by someone age 16 and over.

Jaideep

Ilica Park

The view is fantastic !!!
Children Flying Alone
My niece who is 16 was on holiday with us in Turkey and flew back alone from Antalya with British Airways in April as she had to return to work. She was apprehended at Gatwick Airport at immigration trying to get back into UK and questioned extensively about why she was on her own even though this is an allowable age with BA. Thankfully we had the sense to equip her with photocopies of our outward flights, our telephone numbers, etc. She was delayed for over an hour, extremely upset at how she was dealt with and only released when they made contact with her own parents in the UK (and that was trying to get back to UK). She also had to provide documentation regarding her overnight stay at the travelodge and proof of flights back up to Aberdeen the following day... so worth keeping in mind if you are trying to get someone to accompany your children.

Ilica Park

The view is fantastic !!!
Children Flying Alone
Sorry also forgot to mention that the airport security will know that the flights have not been booked at the same time and any adults accompanying the children may have to prove that they know each other if they get any whiff of the situation .. sorry to put a damper on things but we have been in the same situation with our own daughter who is more mature than most adults and it is so frustrating (and expensive).

jane2005

Can't get enough
Children Flying Alone
Thanks to all you for your help. I did think they might check and find it a bit strange that that tickets were not booked together. Birmingham is a little far for me to travel unfortunately.

I think what I will have to do is just to send my daughter first and then my son can travel with me and fly back with my daughter after her 18th birthday.

But once again, thanks to everyone who helped.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom