Chicken with Pineapple
This kebap style dish is in a fabulous Indian cookery book I was given.

CHICKEN WITH PINEAPPLE

225g canned pineapple
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp garlic pulp
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp natural low-fat yogurt
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
275g chicken breast chopped into bite sized pieces
½ red pepper
½ yellow or green pepper
1 large onion
6 cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp vegetable oil

Drain the pineapple juice into a bowl. Reserve 8 large chunks of pineapple & squeeze the juice from the remaining chunks into the bowl and set aside. You should have about 120 ml of pineapple juice.

In a large mixing bowl, blend together the cumin, ground coriander, garlic, chilli powder, salt, yogurt, & fresh coriander. Pour in the reserved pineapple juice and mix together.

Add the chopped chicken to the yogurt and spice mixture and leave to marinate for about 1-1 ½ hours.

Cut the peppers and onion into bite sized chunks.

Preheat the grill to medium. Arrange the chicken pieces, vegetables and reserved pineapple chunks alternatively on 6 wooden or metal skewers.

Baste the kebabs with the oil, then place the skewers on a flameproof dish or grill tray. Grill, turning and basting the chicken pieces with the marinade regularly, for about 15 minutes.

Once the chicken pieces are cooked, remove them from the grill and serve with salad and/or plain boiled rice and mezes.

Alternatively these can be barbequed.

Serves 6

Soo x

Chicken with Pineapple
:362jf:Sounds really fabulous.Now if anyone in the Didim area is going to cook this and have a spare seat at the table,I am willing to help out.

smithburt21

Chicken with Pineapple
Whats the fabulous combination Chicken with Pineapple.! I never tried this type of combination before. But Now I try it. I wish that It would be tasty as i thought. Now I am going in my kitchen and cuts pineapple and put into freeze.

newhorizon

"Light Years Away"
Chicken with Pineapple
Whats the fabulous combination Chicken with Pineapple.! I never tried this type of combination before. But Now I try it. I wish that It would be tasty as i thought. Now I am going in my kitchen and cuts pineapple and put into freeze.

Good morning and welcome to the forum Smithburt21!

Are you saying you tried this recipe? or about to try it?

You can just buy a tin of pineapples instead of having to cut them as quoted from this recipe book.

Bon apetit.

Chicken with Pineapple
Maybe I should have clarified, the tin of pineapple that is best is the one where it has been cut into rings rather than the cut up chunks. That way you can cut the pieces of pineapple for the skewers to the size you want.

However I,m sure the chunk one will work just as well :)

Soo x

Latest Posts

Top Bottom