chest infection
ive been having chest infections for the last three months with nasty gunge
The worst one was two weeks ago when i felt i'd been hit with a sledge hammer.. was hot and cold for 3 days..i didnt want to but resorted to antibiotics again..and it cleared...but its back
ive taken antibiotics 4 times now and while it improves a little a few days after i stop its back again.
İ'm coughing all night
i dont smoke and neither does yusuf..his brother does but never where i am.

i know acute brochits or any other chest infetion is usually viral...but im gong nuts with it.

Any suggestions..any fellow sufferers..i will try anything.

lilacdiana

lilacdiana
chest infection
Hi Shirley I wonder if you need to be a longer course of antibiotics. Some of the people i work with have been put on a 2 week or even longer course for a similar thing as the normal 5 day course has not been enough. Hope you feel better son xxx

jaimie

chest infection
Hi Shirley,

I know there's a really nasty bug going around (actually are there any good ones? ) which seems to hit you, go; then come back for another battering, I know I've got it at the moment, I know a few people that have been hit with it over here.

Normally they say go and get checked out if you have had a cough for 3 weeks or more and it hasn't responded to antibiotics (you know what I mean) but; I think this particular bug is the exception to that rule...well I hope it is anyway!

hope you start feeling better soon.

J.

jewel

chest infection
Shirley I have been the same on and off now for ages. I was prescribed Antibiotics which helped but didn't totally cure it.however I am now of the opinion that mine is connected to my sinus's as I can hear crackling sounds in my ears and the bridge of my nose,the gunge as you put it collects in my throat and I have to cough it up. I sneeze a lot too.It gives me a headache between my eye's. In your case however it could be your resistance is down after your break, as a coincidence...last year I had my 1st bunion done and about a week or so after I started with the symptoms I display now. It took absolutely ages for it to go,and again I was given antibiotics which didn't quite clear it but did help. After about 6 weeks or so it went , but here it is again and its a few weeks after I have had surgery on my 2nd bunion ???? maybe just coincidence or maybe there is something in the low resistance theory. Hope you get better soon it really makes you feel lifeless doesn't it. The nasty gunge as you say is an infection, have you any dampness anywhere ?as it could be spores in the air which are affecting you. It's annoying when you just cant pinpoint what it is. As for remedies !!!!! your guess is as good as mine. At the minute I do not feel ill,I just have the constant running nose,a clearing of the throat cough ( so not a constant cough) my eye's look heavey,sneezing and the odd headache. I am just useing sprays for my nose and hoping it will eventually go like last time. jewel x

val2661

chest infection
Shirley, my friend in the UK has had exactly the same for months. He finally asked his GP for further investigation and has just been diagnosed with pleurisy. He said at times he felt like a vice was tightening on his chest. He is now on extra strength antibiotics and may have to have further treatment to drain his chest if that doesn't work. I do hope you can find relief for your pain.

Val

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
chest infection
Shirley before I had my sinuses washed out, and my tonsils removed in my 40's I suffered almost constantly with acute upper respiratory problems and I used to resort to a good old remedy of my Grandmas' of inhaling over hot water with Friars Balsam, it always did the trick for me. Can you get that in Turkey?

val2661

chest infection
Another thought Shirley. After reading Jewel's thread do you think both of you could have been affected by the anaesthetic used for your operations? I know you've had this chest infection repeatedly since your op Shirley and from what Jewel has just said she has as well.

Val

arrian

R.I.P
chest infection
my husband, who has severe emphysema which complicates things, had a chest infection for over 12 months!! seriously! after lots of different antibiotics and lots of sputum tests, it was finally discovered that the infection was a type known as Haemophilus Influenza. nothing to do with flu though.
he was put on a 2 week course of Doxyclcine, then 2 weeks of Amoxycillin, and it finally cleared up.
can i suggest though, anyone using sinus sprays, don't overdo it, as they can actually make the symptoms worse (had chronic sinusitis for over 35 years) and also try anti- histamin tablets, as they can dry up some of the mucus.

chest infection
thanks everybody..i was getting paranoid.imagining all sorts of things.
ive just had some sachets from the chemist called muconex.disolve in cold water and its orange flavoured.
ive been wondering if i got something when i was in hospital although the place was very clean and the operation sites have healed really well.
ive lost a lot of weight too 13 kilos now..i needed to but not like this.
Hi Val they gave me epidural anaesthesia which was really awful
although im walking well i have no confidence im afraid to fall again...bloody old age

jewel

chest infection
Well Shirley as happy as you are to have lost weight I would have it checked out. As you have been of your feet, in theory you should have slightly gained weight due to lack of excercise. If you see no valid reason to your weight loss then go for a check up. I am not trying to worry you but as you say you have been thinking allsorts (which you do). Sometimes we just know in ourselfs that something isnt quite right, it could be that as you have been feeling poorly you just havn't eaten as well as you normally do. Anyway see how you go with your sachets and if no improvement soon then go for an M.O.T .lol. jewel x

chest infection
Hi Shirley, I had a similar chest infection about a week after coming home from Fuerta. I'm very prone to Bronchitus and Pneumonia so am always quick to to take antibiotic; a couple of times when antibiotics didn't clear it my UK doctor prescribed steroids.

I took 2 courses of Erythomycin back to back, had some stuff called Fluibron Surup to ease the tightness and loosen the gunge - tastes absolutely disgusting but certainly did the trick - and then Hydrylin compound to ease the constant coughing.

I was really ill for 2 weeks - and hot and cold like you - and then so-so for aother 10 days, felt exhausted all the time and lost some weight because I wasn't interested in food - always a sign that I'm not just being neurotic!!!! I'm more or less OK now, although my chest still isn't quite back to normal and I still get more tired than normal.

Lots of people in Datca have had the same or similar - just seems to be a particularly nasty bug going about. Gecmis olsun xxxxxxxxxxx

butt007

Warren
chest infection
Hello Shirley, I would say get yourself of to the Devlet, 13kilos.......that's 28lbs, you should'nt be losing that much just sitting around surely!!! Anyway get well soon and you look after yourself and do as you are told.
Warren

arrian

R.I.P
chest infection
get checked out Shirley, lose any more weight and there wont be any for the dongle!!! lol
seriously though, get seen to before you get any worse.

garrym

Efendi
chest infection
When this type of condition occurs and returns after treatment, as you describe, it is neccessary to have your mucus analysed and the condition properly identified so that the correct antibiotic etc. can be prescribed.

This analysis is easily available in England, dont know about Turkey, but wopuld expect it is available on request/ payment.

Garry

chest infection
im going on tuesday ...monday is chaos in the devlet ...so see what happens.
.ive lost weight because ive had no appetite.......apart from warren aka butt007 aka richard geres apple crumble...and May bringing chocolate cake..and Margaret with pineapple.

louise17

chest infection
I too think you should get it checked out Shirley, jealous as I am of your 13kg weight loss!!! Are you fully mobile now? If not you could also be more prone to chest infections, do some deep breathing exrecises when sitting & standing. Plus the syrup ASIST is quite good for clearing sputum I believe.

Yes getmis olsen.

Congratulations on your 10.000 post I am loving your new avatar!

Top Bottom