ChrisBobs

chemical Ali hanged
That is a bit of a shock at the speed of the execution - I only read last week there were more charges to be brought....

teosgirl

chemical Ali hanged
yes Chrisbobs, He was finally executed after the 4th death sentence verdict was brought.

I'm find it ironic that the UK authorities dont feel obliged to intervene or act when it comes to the death sentence in Iraq, but in every other business they have to be involved.
It's especially hypocrital since we don't have the death sentence in the UK.

Saying that I'm not sorry the man is dead ; so I guess I'm a hypocrite too!

Firebrand

chemical Ali hanged
I'm very happy they've executed the butcher of Kurdistan. It was politically important that he stand trial for the Anfal campaign, as well as the other atrocities he had already been on trial for.

From today's Guardian "By the end of the Kurdish campaign in 1988 about 4,000 villages had been destroyed, an estimated 180,000 Kurds killed and about 1.5 million deported."

Iraq executes Chemical Ali | World news | guardian.co.uk

EVELYNNE

evelynne
chemical Ali hanged
they should have injected him with chemicals and sit back and watch him suffer. Evil nasty inhuman person. Not only did he wipe out those villages generations were lost because of the inability of women to get pregnant.

Saoirse

chemical Ali hanged
the atrocities against the Kurds have been appalling

Alas some are VERY selective in their recollection and condemnation of same

Eg First gas used against Kurds........British

I also remember reading an article by a UK pilot who served patrolling the no-fly zone to protect the Kurds in Northern Iraq.

They were based in Turkey and he explained that they did not have use of the airbase 4 days a week. Those days were used for........bombing the Kurds

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
chemical Ali hanged
I don´t know how anyone can feel pleased or even satisfied with the execution of a human being.
Apart from anything else the obscenity of any state taking the life of a citizen should be abhorrent to any right minded person.

Ian

juco

chemical Ali hanged
they should have injected him with chemicals and sit back and watch him suffer.

And what would that tell us about the people that were doing that.

I do not condone what he has done, neither do I condone his execution. What man is so far above all others that he is allowed to take a decision on anothers life.

I hope those that opened the trap door can sleep at night.

chemical Ali hanged
Just goes to show you that might is right in this world. If we were to actually follow this line on all, who have committed crimes against humanity, there'd be a whole lot of US and Israeli presidents and PMs hanged too and a fair number of UK PMs too... among others. :slapme:

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
chemical Ali hanged
Just goes to show you that might is right in this world. If we were to actually follow this line on all, who have committed crimes against humanity, there'd be a whole lot of US and Israeli presidents and PMs hanged too and a fair number of UK PMs too... among others. :slapme:

I don't recall any of those you mentioned killing hundreds of thousands of their own. I understand where your going but going to war to help make the world safer is entirely different.....if what your saying is real....you should mention some Turk leaders also, no?

Bob

nomaderol

chemical Ali hanged
the atrocities against the Kurds have been appalling

Alas some are VERY selective in their recollection and condemnation of same

Eg First gas used against Kurds........British

I also remember reading an article by a UK pilot who served patrolling the no-fly zone to protect the Kurds in Northern Iraq.

They were based in Turkey and he explained that they did not have use of the airbase 4 days a week. Those days were used for........bombing the Kurds

That time in 1998, 1.5 million Kurd had passed Turkey borders.

A little bit off topic. I am sorry, British people, but, main problem in that region has been caused by the British since WW1. Germans wanted to reach Bagdat and that main train railway system from Germany to Baghdat was made by them by agreement with ill Ottoman during their coma days. When WW1 was lost by Ottomans Britain created much troubles in Baghdat, Kyrkuk, etc by putting flames among multinational community there (Arabs, Kurds, Turks, etc etc.) For what? During WW1 and later, all for oil of these lands which havent been fully controlled by Britain. This region has become an obsession for Britain and later, in last decades, they used USA for this purpose. All know the game of USA's foreign minister to Saddam who were "invited" by USA to capture Kuwait. Kurds in this region have always been used as tools of Britain and now, USA's. There have been many other theories around here that have said those gases against the Kurds were used by other western forces. Anyway. Where is WMD? It was the main reason the western forces entered Iraq. 1 million Iraqis have been killed, but, still no WMD.

chemical Ali hanged
I don't recall any of those you mentioned killing hundreds of thousands of their own. I understand where your going but going to war to help make the world safer is entirely different.....if what your saying is real....you should mention some Turk leaders also, no?

Bob

Are you referring to the s.c. Armenian Genocide? If so no I don't believe in fairy tales anymore. They, like their Muslim compatriots, were victims of war and Turkish Muslims were killed at a ratio of 3 to 1 compared to the Armenians, who by the way committed High Treason against the Ottoman state, of which they were long favored citizens. Read more here :kitapoku:(WEEMS-LETTER) Tall Armenian Tale: The Other Side of the Falsified Genocide

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
chemical Ali hanged
No I am no expert but I really was under the impression that There were many more Armenians killed then Turks. You say that there were actually three Turks killed for every one Armenian....hmmm. I am not reading yous or anyone elses biased links.....there are a million of them on every topic. I prefer to read whats in encyclopedias for a more reaslistic truth on all matters.
Thanks anyways

Bob

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
chemical Ali hanged
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Armenian civilians are marched to a nearby prison in Mezireh by armed Turkish soldiers. Kharpert, Western Armenia, Ottoman Empire in April 1915. Armenian Genocide

Background:

Armenians in the Ottoman Empire · Armenian Question · Hamidian Massacres · Zeitun Resistance (1895) · 1896 Ottoman Bank Takeover · Yıldız Attempt · Adana Massacre · Young Turk Revolution

The Genocide

Congress at Erzurum · Red Sunday · Tehcir Law · Labour battalion
Deportation:
Centers: All the settlements at Western Armenia Camps:Deir ez-Zor · Foreign aid and relief:ACRNE · NARC
Resistance:
Zeitun · Van · Musa Dagh · Urfa · Shabin-Karahisar
Responsible parties:
Young Turks: Committee of Union and Progress (Talat · Enver · Djemal · Behaeddin Shakir) · Teskilati Mahsusa · (Reşit Bey · Cevdet Bey · Topal Osman)
Kurdish Irregulars

Trials:
Courts-Martial · Malta Tribunals · Soghomon Tehlirian

Armenian Population

Population · Casualties

See Also

Armenian militia · Operation Nemesis · Recognition · Denial · Timeline

v • d • e

The Armenian Genocide (Armenian: Հայոց Ցեղասպանություն, translit.: Hayoc’ C’eġaspanowt’yown; Turkish: Ermeni Soykırımı), also known as the Armenian Holocaust, the Armenian Massacres and, by Armenians, as the Great Calamity (Մեծ Եղեռն, Meç Eġeṙn, Armenian pronunciation: [mɛts jɛˈʁɛrn]), was the deliberate and systematic destruction (genocide) of the Armenian population of the Ottoman Empire during and just after World War I.[1] It was characterised by the use of massacres, and the use of deportations involving forced marches under conditions designed to lead to the death of the deportees, with the total number of Armenian deaths generally held to have been between one and one-and-a-half million.[2][3][4] Other ethnic groups were similarly attacked by the Empire during this period, including Assyrians and Greeks, and some scholars consider those events to be part of the same policy of extermination.[5]

It is widely acknowledged to have been one of the first modern genocides,[6][7][8] as many Western sources point to the systematic, organized manner in which the killings were carried out to eliminate the Armenians.[9] Indeed, the word genocide was coined in order to describe these events.[10]

The date of the onset of the genocide is conventionally held to be April 24, 1915, the day that Ottoman authorities arrested some 250 Armenian intellectuals and community leaders in Constantinople. Thereafter, the Ottoman military uprooted Armenians from their homes and forced them to march for hundreds of miles, depriving them of food and water, to the desert of what is now Syria. Massacres were indiscriminate of age or gender, with rape and other sexual abuse commonplace. The Armenian Genocide is the second most-studied case of genocide after the Holocaust.[11]

The Republic of Turkey, the successor state of the Ottoman Empire, denies the word genocide is an accurate description of the events.[12] In recent years, it has faced repeated calls to accept the events as genocide. To date, twenty countries have officially recognized the events of the period as genocide, and most genocide scholars and historians accept this view.[13][14][15][16] The majority of Armenian diaspora communities were founded as a result of the Armenian genocide.

Bob

chemical Ali hanged
What you call my biased sources are actually US legal sources. I believe Americans are if anything biased AGAINST the Turks. Give it a try.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom