cancun

Cheese travel question
Is this a new thing in the last five yrs or was it always there? I wasnt aware of it before and we have all monies paid as last few yrs as well as annual fees etc. Why do they not allow cheese when traveling but sausages and bacon? Strange!:dooh::dooh:

Last edited by a moderator:

willip

willip
Cheese travel question
Re: tapu or not tapu that is the question!

Is this a new thing in the last five yrs or was it always there? I wasnt aware of it before and we have all monies paid as last few yrs as well as annual fees etc. Why do they not allow cheese when traveling but sausages and bacon? Strange!:dooh::dooh:

I had my cheese and butter removed from my hand luggage but customs said if i would have put it in my case it would have been allowed through, when i asked the reason for not allowing it they said they get used for the symtec ( not sure spelt right) in can be used in the bomb making process,they melt them put stick inside then place it somewhere.
enjoy your holiday cancun.

cancun

Cheese travel question

oh my god and it would be just my luck i would be stopped and i'm irish to into the bargain so i'd be frog marched of the plane for defo...lol.. think i'll survive without my cheese..is their any cheese like cheddar out there or is this a stupid question?

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Cheese travel question

There is much more choice of cheese out there, but I love my Strong Cheddar and always take a block inside a freeze bag, and it travels very well in my suitcase. Their cheese does not make a toastie like a good strong cheddar.

trevoro

Cheese travel question

oh my god and it would be just my luck i would be stopped and i'm irish to into the bargain so i'd be frog marched of the plane for defo...lol.. think i'll survive without my cheese..is their any cheese like cheddar out there or is this a stupid question?

suspect in this heat the cheese would "sweat" and make ur clothes really stink.cheese is more salty however i love it with the bread or rolls and the lovely tomatoes cheese tomatoes sandwich luverly anyways as you in Turkey sample the Turkish food you wont get another chance till next year and if eating out wander away from seafront,there is a shop as in previous threads that sells bacon sausages etc

dawningram

dawn ingram
Cheese travel question

i buy the cheese slices from Bim..they also have them in Carrefour but they are more expensive...they taste exactly the same as the mature chedder slices i buy from Sainsburys and Aldi!

Hilsjw

Cheese travel question

As i've said before, do take cheese but pack it in your hold luggage. Yes, cheese can look like simtex (?) and that's why they investigate when they see it come though the X ray machines. Also, they will investigate tins i.e corned beef, tinned salmon but when they see what it is they will let you take it with you. So, to avoide having to unpack your hand luggage, pack those items in your suitcase.

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Cheese travel question
Pinar do packs of Cheddar with 5 slices in. Quite expensive, but quite a good flavour, although not strong.

If you have room in your suitcase for a small cool bag then you could bring some over - would only worry if you had a long delay:redface:

Sara-666

Cheese travel question

i buy the cheese slices from Bim..they also have them in Carrefour but they are more expensive...they taste exactly the same as the mature chedder slices i buy from Sainsburys and Aldi!

Do you know what brand these are as I buy the Pinar ones, but 6tl for 5 slices is expensive!

Thanks
Sara

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Cheese travel question

I had my cheese and butter removed from my hand luggage but customs said if i would have put it in my case it would have been allowed through, when i asked the reason for not allowing it they said they get used for the symtec ( not sure spelt right) in can be used in the bomb making process,they melt them put stick inside then place it somewhere.
enjoy your holiday cancun.

Semtex has a slight smell of marzipan about it which could easily be masked by the smell of cheese.

kibris

Cheese travel question
some of the turkısh cheese ıs not good for meltıng --ı buy one called EDIRNE off the cheese van on the market and ıts great for cheese on toast and cheese sauce ıts about 10lıra per kılo--theres one called IZMIR TULUM that ı lıke too but ıf buyıng from the market allways ask for a lıttle taste before you buy.

janA

Cheese travel question
Although we do like the turkish cheese and we have actually found blue cheese on our local market now, i have twice fetched english cheese back this year both times in my hand luggage, once from Leeds and once from Manchester with no problems.

Modgirl

Cheese travel question
Two big packs of Cathederal or Seriously Strong chedder well packed in your suitcase now thats what you call toast & cheese with a blob of Branston pickle a sprinkle of pepper washed down with a oxo cube ye canny wack it.....
Linda..xx

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Cheese travel question
Generally i find Turkish cheese has a slightly sour aftertaste. I am a cheese lover but Turkish cheese leaves me less than impressed. I usually , whilst in Turkey pay the price for imported cheese. We did try a cheese called Edirne Koysun ( i think ) nice texture but could not eat much of it in one go.

Steve.

JOHNYH

Cheese travel question
Plenty of nice chedder cheese to be bought localy weither it be a small shop or the supermarkets, nothing better than teacake cheese & meat plus slices of large tomatoe ideal for a quick snack.

Johnyh.

Chinook

Cheese travel question
Their cheese does not make a toastie like a good strong cheddar.

On our local bazaar they sell one they call Cappuccino which has a strong flavour, matures with age and makes wonderful cheese on toast

dawningram

dawn ingram
Cheese travel question

Do you know what brand these are as I buy the Pinar ones, but 6tl for 5 slices is expensive!

Thanks
Sara

i don't know, but i'm coming back out next friday :95im: so i will update this extremely popular thread once i buy it again on sat morning 4th august!! honestly, it's lovely...i use it as cheese on toast , in cheese sandwiches and i put it on top of my homemade meatballs :3:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom