A sensation

Checking the Tapu and Iskan
So I just went to check at the relevant offices in Istanbul for these two documents.

The Tapu office wouldn't release the Tapu and said it is with the owner but confirmed the name was accurate and there was no problem with the home. We then asked if they would release the Tapu if a solicitor came to collect it and he said the same situation. So, I am not sure if he was being lazy or this is really the case?

The Iskan part of the Belideye was only operating in the morning due to covid-19, so I will go back tomorrow.

Also asked if there was any special procedure for a foreigners, most people on the forum know but just felt it couldn't hurt to ask. Just mentioned the appraisal. And said that I would need to get a company to do the appraisal and coordinate with the homeowner.

So regarding checking the Tapu, seems like the situation varies from office to office.

I had a Turkish speaker with me.

McB

There is now a faster, easier, cheaper, safer, better and more sensible way to deal with this, that you describe above.. (Two documents? ).. just google search ' turkey due diligence' or pm me and I can suggest how depending on where you are at...

A sensation

Please share the faster, easier, cheaper, safer, better and more sensible way. I am in Istanbul, Anatolia side.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom