Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Cheap Property
At this time of year, we always get an influx of Turkish buyers. Normally cash buyers and able to do the whole transaction in just a day or 2.

Therefore, if there is anyone that is fed up of waiting to sell and just wants to cut their losses and sell cheap, let me know!

Gin&Tonic

Cheap Property
That's a tempting offer, I would love to sell my villa, its on a Sitesi and I get a lot of enquiries from Turkish people. The trouble is they only want to pay half of what I'm asking and yet when they are selling they want double what I'm asking !

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Cheap Property
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, it does seem to be the way these threads go.

For my part, it is what it is. There are sellers who just want out and are prepared to sell cheap and there are Turkish buyers around who want to buy cheap. There are lots of angles to this. Someone may have bought a fews years ago at say 20k and having tried to sell and failing to make a profit, they may just want to cut their losses and take what they paid.

Also dont forget, a lot of agents will not push a resale property because they do no earn enough money from them so there may well be cheap properties sitting out there with no audience.

People will of course automatically jump on the negative side but there may be a seller out there who can breathe a sigh of relief. Lets not forget them.

If people want to discuss or have a heated debate about the morality of making low offers to desperate sellers, then I suggest they start a new thread as this is not what this one is about.

pebble

Cheap Property
Kym, you are on the right track.....I think the turks who are very "kurnaz" or so they think....will try to get half of what you are asking for, you need to ayiplamak them........
I think this is a good time to cut your losses if that is what you are inclined to do.......either *HIT*** or get off the pot and quit whining about your woes* am I right???? or just sit on it and bear it with dignity.....LOL

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Cheap Property
Hi Kym

What did you think of my idea of a 100% Guarantee for people looking to buy properties off of you?

You know how to look deep to make sure there are no problems.

Biker Bob

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Cheap Property
Hey Bob :)

I think its a great idea in principle but there are a couple of problems with it.

Nothing can ever be 100% guranteed just like the clauses in your insurance policy 'Acts of God' - Although Im sure a contact could state exactly under what circumstances and have clauses added according so I guess it would be possible to work out something based on that.

Secondly, it doesnt matter how you advertise, people are not able to tell the difference between you and Joe Conartiste/Mehmet Hirsis, so no matter what you say in your advert, it is only advert. You cant prove it even if its true even if you have a wadge full of testimonials cos lets face it, anyone can write a testimonial!

Faced with the amount of 'Emlaks' here in our small part of Turkey, how on earth do you get through?

Im sure people on this forum know that if they come to me or Mustaq they will be safe in their purchase.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Cheap Property

I think its a great idea in principle but there are a couple of problems with it.

Nothing can ever be 100% guranteed just like the clauses in your insurance policy 'Acts of God' - Although Im sure a contact could state exactly under what circumstances and have clauses added according so I guess it would be possible to work out something based on that.

Secondly, it doesnt matter how you advertise, people are not able to tell the difference between you and Joe Conartiste/Mehmet Hirsis, so no matter what you say in your advert, it is only advert. You cant prove it even if its true even if you have a wadge full of testimonials cos lets face it, anyone can write a testimonial!

Faced with the amount of 'Emlaks' here in our small part of Turkey, how on earth do you get through?

Im sure people on this forum know that if they come to me or Mustaq they will be safe in their purchase.

Hi Kym

People here know but what about the 10's of thousands that don't use TLF? If you had a legal binding contract drawn up too support your advertisment I think many people would atleast give you a serious look. Your claim that it's your job to know what to look for to make the transaction legal should back up this advertisment...wouldn't ya think?

Biker Bob

pebble

Cheap Property
There's also something to be said about making a profit at someone else's misfortune. "Haram" it just wouldnt be a good thing for your karma, you should still be fair, and for the love of God, dont forget the emlak who is doing all the leg work, a lot of work goes into the pre-sale process and due diligence and all the research, people who try to bilk the emlak are worse than bottom feeders. (the low life fish who are bottom feeders... we ued to refer to our bad lumber agents as bottom feeders...quite appropo dont u think???)

Cheap Property

Yep I agree which is why i encourage thoe interested in my properties to come and view. Our emlak in DATCA also encourages people to view however
our enquiries to date have mainly been from people who prefer to deal with private sellers or have heard via grapevine about our property and sites

It is good though to see interest in the market again as last year was fairly quiet in our wee part of turkey

Good luck to all out there trying to sell or buy... private or otherwise

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Cheap Property
Hey Bob,

Yes all of that is true BUT, it looks like just another sales pitch and people just dont believe it or have been turned on by someone elses sales pitch first. A contract is great but you have to get people through the door first.

Go to google and type in 'property for sale in turkey' you will see what we are up against :)

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Cheap Property
Hey Bob,

Yes all of that is true BUT, it looks like just another sales pitch and people just dont believe it or have been turned on by someone elses sales pitch first. A contract is great but you have to get people through the door first.

Go to google and type in 'property for sale in turkey' you will see what we are up against :)

I know what your saying but if you have a big azz lit sign stating this people WILL come through your door, not all by no means but a noticable difference and an increase year by year as people hear that what you promise it in fact true.

Biker Bob

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Cheap Property
Bob, I love the way you think :)

We have a lot of "word of mouth" customers fortunately.

We are getting a bit off topic now tho so, while Ive got Turkish buyers clamouring at the door anyone wanting to make the most of that, let me know.

Cheap Property
Hi Biker Bob
I read on another forum that a Fethiye agent was adopting this 100% guaranteed approach and it seems a really good idea that would make buyers feel more relaxed.

Perhaps its a good way to go and would encourage business too outside TLF!!

I went a bit anti "selling cheap in desperation" earlier last year because there were so many property landlords in the UK offering stupid money to make quick profits for themselves or rent. Some people like Sharon and Eric and Laz and Dave were desperately trying to sell their place to move to Turkey and every whizzkid landlord around out of nappies was at them hoping to make a quick buck!!!!
Of course most of them have gone bust themselves with the latest property downturn!!. Firms calling themselves ........... Angels!!!.
Talk about the Trade Descriptions Act Lol .

Good thread this with interesting views

Last edited:

bev timms

bev timms
Cheap Property
Hi Kym

I agree about cutting losses and moving on..we did that with the apartment we had in the end, selling for 4K less than we paid, but glad to be done with the hassle we had had. Cost / benefit? It was worth it in the end.

Jan

Phil Johns

Kennels & Pet Transporter
Cheap Property
I know what your saying but if you have a big azz lit sign stating this people WILL come through your door, not all by no means but a noticable difference and an increase year by year as people hear that what you promise it in fact true.

Biker Bob

Kym
Is Biker Bob saying you have got a big A**???????:15:

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Cheap Property
made me chuckle - Yep more 'heavy load' than 'J Lo' perfectly true anyway so no point in taking umbridge!!

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Cheap Property
I just think Kym is afraid of the exposure or in this case.....over exposure....hehe

Biker Bob

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Cheap Property
Here have a look yourself, saves using a coffee table :) Back to Thread!!

Attachments

• bigbutt[1].jpg
    bigbutt[1].jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 40
Top Bottom