rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Cheap flea/tic etc treatment
Someone on Bodrum News gave information about tic and flea treatment for dogs and cats. So had a look and much cheaper than the vets, for instance I have just paid 25tl for one treatment for the dog, I have now bought a pack of 4treatments for £19, about a quarter of the price here in Turkey.
So if anyone is interested here is the information.
I paid £9.90 for a pack of 6 Frontline for cats.
£19 for a pack of 4 Advantix for large dogs.
Delivery has taken 6 days from the UK.

Frontline and Heartgard - VetMeds4Pets

I hope this is of interest and help to pet owners.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
I buy the 250ml spray bottles of Frontline from our vet at 20 TL. There's enough in one bottle for about 12 -15 doses. Less than 2 TL a dose.

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Yes I agree buying the spray is good value but not one of my 9 cats would stay in the room for a spray. We did try it years ago and absolutely no use at all also they must not lick it and using the spray means all over.

dngood

Hi Rosewall, thanks for posting that here, I was going to post this here, but I'm pleased you beat me to it! FYI, the original article was in issue 18 of the Bodrum Bulletin (HERE), and can also be seen online HERE.

Without question, the spray is excellent value, and great for mass-treatment, however it's worth mentioning that the Advantix treatment for dogs offers much greater protection against other biting insects (e.g. sandflies), so you don't need to buy a tick/sandfly collar too.

Regardless, thanks to both of you for posting the information.

Dave.

Last edited:

teresa

Free Thinker
I have been getting mine from the UK for a while now as the price is much better but this site is a bit cheaper again. I have never had it delivered to Turkey so I might give that a go as well. Thanks.

I use Baticon for my furry friend. 23TL for a bottle that lasts ages as you don't need much - depends on the weight of the dog. It's fine for ticks and fleas - don't think it does mosquitos but they don't seem to bother KK too much. You can't use it on cats; I buy it from the pharmacy.

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
The beauty of Advantix is that not only does it deal with fleas, ticks but also mosquitos and sandfly. If you have never seen a dog with sandfly you would not hesitate to find something to protect your dog.
Have treatmented all my cats (8) and our dog and am considering doing one of the street dogs because he scratches so much.

SAMIMI

EX MEMBER
Thanks Rosewall1,
I have bookmarked this site. So much cheaper. Thank you for sharing this helpful information with us.

Vet-Yaser

www.didimvet.com
-->: Cheap flea/tic etc treatment

Someone on Bodrum News gave information about tic and flea treatment for dogs and cats. So had a look and much cheaper than the vets, for instance I have just paid 25tl for one treatment for the dog, I have now bought a pack of 4treatments for £19, about a quarter of the price here in Turkey.
So if anyone is interested here is the information.
I paid £9.90 for a pack of 6 Frontline for cats.
£19 for a pack of 4 Advantix for large dogs.
Delivery has taken 6 days from the UK.

Frontline and Heartgard - VetMeds4Pets

I hope this is of interest and help to pet owners.

Hi....

You right about adventiks price...But you must know that adventiks good for flea but some time it is not working for tic..so it cheaper than frontline...For example i sell both of them.But already i say that adventix can be problem sometime......

butt007

Warren
Another treatment you can use is BOB MARTINS SPOT-ON for Tics and Fleas. It is priced at around £5, you get 3 sqeezy tubes which you rub into the back of the neck and the treatment lasts 4months.HIGhLY POISONESS TO CATS

We have been here 2.1/2yrs and never had a problem.

We are going to try it on the dog next year as well.
Warren

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Our dogs are prone to tics so we always use Frontline for the reason that Yaser Vet stated.
We pay 70TL per box at our local veterinary surgeons.

Maisie

Many years ago when I had two cats, they used to vanish into unreachable parts of the house when they heard an aerosol spray anywhere near them. I overcame this by wearing a pair of disposable thin rubber gloves and over them wore a pair of cheap cotton gloves. Saturate the gloves with the spray (out of their hearing) and then rub them all over. Worked well. Maisie

Vet-Yaser

www.didimvet.com
-->: Cheap flea/tic etc treatment

hello...
I want to give a exemplify......
last week , a lady came to my clinic and wanted to a flea collar..i said that we have 3 kind and 3 price ... one of theme 10 tl and it is not working and quality,another theme are bayers and intervets collar and they are good ,25 tl....
she wanted to buy cheaper ..and called me after 5 day and said me many flea are on his dog.............what can i say..............:)

Angela Stansfield

Non Active Member
Another treatment you can use is BOB MARTINS SPOT-ON for Tics and Fleas. It is priced at around £5, you get 3 sqeezy tubes which you rub into the back of the neck and the treatment lasts 4months.HIGhLY POISONESS TO CATS

We have been here 2.1/2yrs and never had a problem.

We are going to try it on the dog next year as well.
Warren

You should google the side effectgs of using Bob Martin products. They have had serious affects on animals including death! Many vets are at a loss as to how it is still being allowed to be sold in the supermarkets.

If your animal has not had serious side effects then you have been lucky.

dngood

It's worth pointing out that the Advantix product is the only product mentioned here which also prevents bites from sandflies - which are the leading cause of leishmania, a very common disease in the Bodrum area. (The most common option to prevent leishmania are the Deltamethrin collars).

Advantix offers a convenient (and cheaper), alternative to buying both standard flea/tick treatment and a Deltamethrin collar.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom