yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
charter flight drinks prices
a bit of a spin off from another thread but can any one say what the charters are charging for drinks this year, ie gin and tonic, vodka and coke ?
trying to do my calcs as to who we fly woth later in the year.

martin

Peregrine

a bit of a spin off from another thread but can any one say what the charters are charging for drinks this year, ie gin and tonic, vodka and coke ?
trying to do my calcs as to who we fly woth later in the year.

martin

you must get through a lot of g&ts to make a difference, thats all I can say!

:sick:

parrot

When booking a flight it's not one of the things I think about but there again I haven't done a charter for a few years,prefer B.A. or Easyjet.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Friends came in yesterday on SAGA airlines and said that coffee was 5 euro - so was wine and spirits and small can beer -- what a rip off !

:132lm:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
When i flew out in march i seem to recall that a gin and tonic was pretty expensive, if you have 3 drinks each, a meal and carry 20 k of luggage each it adds about £80 on to the price.
with Turkish airlines you get loads of legroom 23 k of luggage free drinks and food so if there is nothing or little in the flight prices i would rather have £80 to spend in yalikavak !

martin

I never buy snacks or drinks on aeroplanes, it's a shocking rip off, which is why BA and Turkish Airlines etc are so cool - they still try to offer basic hospitality...

KandJ

Yes - the 'budget' airlines are a complete rip-off when you add in the extras. I can't understand why the ASA (advertising standards authority) allow Easyjet to put 'lowest price guaranteed' on their website when most flights from other airlines are cheaper. And as for Ryanair now confirming that they intend to take all but one toilet out of each plane to make way for six extra seats...and then charge £1 for spending a penny - well that's what I call inflation.

mikehibb

We have no choice but to fly scheduled, prefer it anyway as with THY I get more leg room than charter flights. Not to forget the meal with real knife and fork. And regular flyers get 30kg of baggage now.

miela

A friend has just returned from a week all inclusive in a hotel in gumsluk. She said she couldn't believe how expensive drinks, coke, icecream, food etc was outside the complex, I am confused as it has always been just that little bit more reasonable than home. She is from the republic of ireland which is even more worrying, Everything is so expensive in ROI

pebble

never gave it a thought.........but i guess it would be a consideration for certain people

hijo

in my own clique
..been using B/A for a couple of years now and never paid for a drink ..or a meal come to that..one couple next to us on the plane certainly milked that facility ..they must have had 10 beers and 10 bottles of spirits (and mixer),and a couple of bottles of wines .also ,maybe they have put a limit on it now..:kitapoku:

Are you really going to decide which flight to book based on the in-flight drinks prices? If that's such an important issue for you, then buy drinks at the airport, which will be cheaper. Of course you can't drink your duty-free on the plane. But it's only 4 hours without alcohol...same as with smoking.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Are you really going to decide which flight to book based on the in-flight drinks prices? If that's such an important issue for you, then buy drinks at the airport, which will be cheaper. Of course you can't drink your duty-free on the plane. But it's only 4 hours without alcohol...same as with smoking.

Hi Christine you are missing the point on this one, if i can get a flight that includes drinks food baggage ( 23 kilo with turkish airlines ) lots of leg room for the same price or there abouts as one with Thos Cook where you now pay (£16 for 15 k of luggage each, £10 each for a meal ) thats £52 in extras before i buy a drink at i believe 8 euros each , i like many others choose to start my holiday as i leave home
i roughly calculated a total extra cost of £80 which before i set foot on turkish soil is pretty significant to me and judging by the other posts on this thread its not something others take lightly

martin

Hi Martin
I thought it sounded a bit daft to base your decision re flight on drinks prices:blink: Hence, the tongue in cheek comment! You're absolutely right about flight prices now. I find it infuriating when trying to compare prices between airlines, because of all the extras. Added to which,you can't always see all the extras until you've nearly booked.There are supposed to be moves to prevent airlines fron advertising headline prices with "hidden" extras, but so far I don't see a lot of evidence of it occurring.I always try to pay as little as possible for flights and actually prefer not to have in-flight meals, as they're pretty expensive and not very good either.I always have a drink (alcoholic) on the plane but I've "saved" it's cost on the flight itself. Long haul's a bit different though - I feel it's important to have meals and drinks included then. The meals service takes up some time!
Do you collect Tesco Clubcard points? They are worth 4 times their face value if you use them to book holidays. We use them to book the cheapest possible Cosmos holiday to Bodrum and just use the flights, staying in our own villa. By doing this, we only paid £106.25 each for return flights Manchester to Bodrum in May, no meals/drinks included but 20kg hold luggage included.I think it'd be hard to get cheaper than that to Bodrum.
Good luck and enjoy your holiday.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Hi Christine you are absolutely right about the hidden costs and more should be done, if you search for a thom cook flight you are half way through booking before it tells you that its £16 for 15 k of luggage, i havent booked for next week yet because i am going without my wife to do some business it doesnt matter which day i go, i may end up on one of the rip off charters if the price is significantly less than t.a.

martin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom