ramzy

Changing Declared Price on TAPU
Hi

I am hoping someone can give me advice.

Can the declared price on the TAPU be changed once the TAPU has been issued?

The reason I ask is because the seller has under-declared the price on the TAPU.

thingthong

Yes indeed,it can be changed no problem,well with a bit of hassle involving going to the relevant departments in Turkey.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
May be costly too as I understand it, but it certainly can be done.

C

ramzy

I understand the shortfall in tax would need to be met by buyer and seller, but then at least it's legal.

Dellol

I know this has been talked about many times, but has anyone ever actually changed their Tapu to show the correct price paid for their property and if so, did they have to pay for it? Some buyers may or may not be aware of this when they purchase. In some cases where the Tapu has been undervalued, people managed to save on tax, in other cases people paid the correct tax (on the actual price paid), but if the Tapu was undervalued, I presume the correct tax was not passed on to the releveant Government department. In a case like this, surely the Estate Agent/Seller was at fault. If the buyer has a receipt to prove they paid the correct amount, be it an email confirming the receipt of the correct tax, surely then they could not be fined, but whoever did not pass the balance of tax on should.....???? Anyone, been there, done that and worn the t-shirt??? Cheers...

Last edited:

celtic

It's possible to change the declared value of a sold property but you'll need a professional help of a lawyer. You won't be compelled to pay an extra 25% tax penalty after changing the value to the actual price. Furthermore, you won't be compelled to sell it with the low-declared value to a 3rd party in case of a probably preemption case someday.

It's highly recommended to have it done, or do it on your own if you are able to.

Dellol

It's possible to change the declared value of a sold property but you'll need a professional help of a lawyer. You won't be compelled to pay an extra 25% tax penalty after changing the value to the actual price. Furthermore, you won't be compelled to sell it with the low-declared value to a 3rd party in case of a probably preemption case someday.

It's highly recommended to have it done, or do it on your own if you are able to.

Hi Celtic, thanks a mil for your answer, just one thing, naturally a Lawyer will cost money and since the owners did nothing wrong in the first place, who should pay him....btw the owners collected and signed for the Tapu themselves in the Tapu office, with the Estate Agent and a local translator, at the time they asked what the figure in the box was (very low amount) and were told, oh that is nothing, don't worry about it... Since they have email backup with Agent for all they paid, can the Agents not be forced to cover any fees ahead i.e. Lawyer etc...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom