Useful Information

Courtesy of Doc Martin © Doc Martin 2017

Disclaimer: The information here is provided as a general guide. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information is up to date and accurate, information given here from the Turkish Government, DGMM, GOC, British Consulate & other official websites may be subject to change at any time.

Change of Address or Change of Marital Status in Turkey​

When you move to a new address, the time allowed to complete an address change before a penalty is issued is 20 working days.
As of April 2019, you no longer visit the Nufus office, instead you need to inform your GOC office where you had your RP interview.
You will need to taking your Tapu/rental agreement, RP and passport with you.
Then download the attached file and print it.
Fill in the relevant details and take it to your GOC office with your Tapu/rental agreement, Passport and RP (if held).

Failure to inform your GOC office will mean that you will not be able to make a RP ‘renewal’ next time as your details will be different to your previous application, so you’ll need to make a ‘first application’.

Moving to a new Province
A new online RP application is required (just the paperwork) within 20 days of moving, all you need to pay for is a new RP card.
Simply apply and turn up to your interview with all your normal/previous RP application paperwork + new Tapu or rental agreement at your new local GOC office and they will make out the paperwork.
When making the online application, start as normal, asking for the type of RP you already hold.
When last checked the RP online application site has a box to tick for application of moving provinces. By ticking this box it changes the pages where necessary for this type of application request.

Istanbul Residents
If moving within Istanbul the below is correct as of October 2018, but can change at anytime.
Changing an address on the system after moving seems to have become easier (at least in Istanbul).
All you need to do is send an e-mail to and attach a photograph or scan of your passport main information page, both sides of your RP card and of the form obtained from nüfüs müdürlügü (yerlesim yeri ve diger adres belgesi).
NOTE: It has to be done within 23 days of moving.

Marital Status
Documentation may vary depending on the area you apply in.
Upon getting married while holding a valid Residence Permit the card holder must, within 20 days visit their GOC office with the following:
Marriage book and photocopy.
Residence permit card and photocopy.
Turkish partners kimlik and photocopy and a Passport size photo
Then you will fill in a form and tick the box to say married.
If female and you intend to take your husband’s surname, then you must first have your name changed in your passport before contacting the GOC. You will need to pay for another RP card as the name on your RP card MUST match that in your passport.


  • loss_or_address-change.pdf
    110.8 KB · Views: 1

Latest Posts

Top Bottom