geordie_nev

Chanel No.5
I’m not particular into perfume ads but it’s interesting to see Chanel using the Orient Express and Istanbul for their latest Chanel No.5 ad. Although it’s a bit of a mystery how they managed to get off the train on the Asian side of Istanbul (has the Marmaray tunnel under the Bosphorus opened already?), hopefully it will help promote Istanbul as it will be European Capital of Culture next year.

France has also hosted a whole series of “Turkish season in France” cultural events so I guess Turkey must be popular in France at the moment.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ljQDJ4EILc]YouTube - The new CHANEL N°5 film[/ame]

and the film etc on their website

Chanel No.5
theres also this..a competition run by the Observer .the prize a weekend in İstanbul...i reckon they are pushing the adverts gearing up for next years 'İstanbul city of culture' event.

From the Sunday Observer 15th nov.
What was your best travel experience in 2009? We want you to tell us about your holiday highs and lows from the past year – whether it was a glorious weekend in the Lake District, a life-changing trek across Namibia or a disastrous family trip to the seaside. Did you follow the 2009 trends – staycationing, escaping the eurozone, couch-surfing, cool camping and so on? How did you get on? This is your chance to turn travel writer: the best entries will be published in a special issue of Escape, later this year – and win a long weekend for two in Istanbul.

How to enter: email a piece of between 300 and 700 words to escape.competition@observer.co.uk or send it to Escape Competition, The Observer, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9GU. Entries must arrive by Monday 7 December and you should focus on one trip or experience. A selection of the best entries will be published in Escape. These will be put into a hat, and a winner drawn at random.

The prize: A three-night trip for two to the 2010 Capital of Culture, Istanbul, courtesy of Hotels.com (hotels.com) and Turkish Airlines (thy.com), with bed-and-breakfast accommodation for two at the majestic five-star Mövenpick Istanbul Hotel and two return flights from London. The hotel is a perfect base to explore this beautiful historic city – see the Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace, shop in the Grand Bazaar, enjoy a traditional Turkish bath and experience the huge range of special events being staged to mark the Capital of Culture year (see istanbul2010.org). The prize must be taken before 31 August 2010; it does not include spending money, meals other than breakfast or ground transportation, and it's your responsibility to have a valid passport and arrange travel insurance. Further terms and conditions apply. For full details see observer.guardian.co.uk.

geordie_nev

Chanel No.5
i reckon they are pushing the adverts gearing up for next years 'İstanbul city of culture' event.

Yeah definitely, My cousin's daughter works as an architect for Marriott hotels, she currently working crazy hours trying to get a new Marriott hotel finished in time.

Cheers for the competition info, I’m crap at writing, but my other half is a writer by trade so I might ask her to write something and send it in.

I guess the Capitol City of Culture is big business for Turkey, there also a lot of interesting thing happening between France and Turkey now as France are dying to increase its trade with Turkey. Hence the “Turkish season in France” events. The uk always seems very slow at doing business with Turkey.

Anyway here’s one of my pictures of the Bosphorus, taken from just outside the Haydarpaşa train station.

istanbul_sunset.jpg

As soon as my mam turned 18 she packed her bags and took the Orient Express to go and live in Istanbul and marry my dad, it was the only practical way of get to Turkey back then. Quite a brave thing to do in the 1950’s as back then most people in South Shields hadn’t even heard of Turkey (believe it or not)

Last edited:

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Chanel No.5
Yes..... a stunning picture indeed

and a great clip of Chanel 5........ I like chanel 5, it has that unique smell that always make me dream of great occasions or things to be that have never been..... (sic)

I also think you mum was very brave....... looks like a chanel 5 lady to me

Latest Posts

Top Bottom