Dickyb

Central Heating - Hakan Yetis
Dear Fethiye folk,

We are considering having our diesel central heating boiler replaced by a solid fuel boiler. We have spoken to Hakan Yetis, on the Oludeniz road out of Fethiye, who advertises in the Land of Lights as a PRITY stove distributor. Has anyone had any dealings, good or bad, with Mr Yetis that they would care to share? We've rushed into getting work done before only to regret not having made sufficient enquiries!

Many thanks,

Dicky

dalamanjane

paul and jane
we are also interested in these stoves and would like to go and have a look at the fethiye showroom, could someone give us some directions or whereabouts it is in fethiye
thanks

Dickyb

Head out of Fethiye towards Ovacik. After you have passed Carrefour on your right you will come to some traffic lights. Turn left and the shop is on your left after 500m. Loads of central heating/aircon stuff outside. Visit his website by clicking Here

Cheers,

Dicky

Last edited by a moderator:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
I've never been in the shop but I do know several people, both Turkish and expats, who recommend him.

Sara-666

We've just looked at these for the central heating we want put in for this winter but they're not powerful enough, so make sure it will run the amount of radiators you have. We're having a 40,000 kalori(?) machine put in to run our radiators with the option of having our hot water run off this as well, instead of using the immersion on the solar panels on the bad days.

Why are you changing your diesel system, is it too expensive? Friends of ours put us off this but it would be nice to hear your view too?

Regards
Sara

Dickyb

Hi Sara,

We currently have a Baymak diesel boiler and associated equipment which can knock out 41,000 - 50,000 kcal per hour or 47-59 kwh depending on your preferred choice of energy unit. We have double glazing, 80cm thick stone walls and about 220 square metres of space to heat. To run with a third of the radiators off in unused rooms cost us roughly £20 per day 2 years ago. Granted, the chap who installed them didn't see the necessity of putting thermostatic valves on the rads, and nor did we. Maybe we could achieve greater efficiency by installing them and running the present system.

My worry is that the wood burning alternative only knocks out 26kwh, half as much as the present system. In addition the 5000TL or thereabouts I am expecting to be quoted will buy a lot of wood for the two stoves that got us through last year.

Naturally Mr yetis stated that he thought a woodburner would meet our needs but it would depend on a number of variables such as quality of the wood, switching off rads in unused rooms, the prevailing wind, etc.

Cheers,

Dickyb

Last edited:
I cannot advise on which are the best or worst heating systems. However, I can recommend Hakan.

He will give you good advice and tell you as it is and not what he thinks you want to hear.

hachris

:hmm:
Hei,

does anybody know if there are companies in Turkey working with Geothermal technology and heating pumps?

"Geothermal technology uses the temperature of the earth to heat and cool your home or commercial building. Besides taking advantage of free, naturally occurring heat, geothermal heating and cooling systems are also extremely efficient. "

Could it be an alternative solution to electricity, coal, diesel etc.?

HanaC

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
There are, but not in this area.

Parts of Istanbul and surrounding areas are heated by geothermal means.

Dickyb

Had a look at this a couple of years ago. Expensive to install, and run, plus you need a decent sized plot of land to put in a loop system I wasn't convinced of the practicality of trying "new" technology over here with the lack of "experts".

I think there may be more on the subject on this site under the heading "Heating".

Cheers,

Dickyb

0fr0ad

You can also consider British made stratford and eco-boiler wood burning stoves which are now available in Turkey.

martin m

Hi all
I am not going to pretend that i know more than i do about this subject, suffice to say i know a plumber who raves about the condensing boilers here in the UK, stating that they are cheaper to run by almost 2 thirds than conventional boilers, does Turkey or anywhere else have such a boiler that could work with deisel,or bottled gas?.
martin

Dickyb

Just an update. Huge, massive, mega, ginormous (I've run out of expletives) thanks to Sara-666 and her hubby for helping us/solving our heating requirements. Got a TERMODINAMIK boiler to replace our diesel boiler. Running costs gone down from 30TL for three hours to about 12-15TL PER DAY! Runs on olive pulp which costs 50TL per tonne wet or 200TL dry. A tonne will last around 17-18 days with the boiler on all the time. If I get the wet stuff and dry it myself, with the help of the sun of course, running costs will be 3TL per day. Electricity requirements are minimum, just a low energy fan and pump for the boiler.

Anyway, we're all nice and toasty and I no longer have to spend my winter days chopping wood and splitting logs. Result! Without Sara-666's reply to my original request for help the old boys toes would have dropped off by now.

Big thanks also to this site:thumbup:

Cheers,

Dickyb

Latest Posts

Top Bottom