Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
Cauliflower Curry
I dunno about you but I always tend to fall back on Cauliflower cheese and get bored with it - plus it gets a bit fattening.

so how about a curry?

Cauliflower Curry

2 onion chopped
1cm fresh ginger grated (I used powder cos I never buy fresh)
2-4 tablespoons curry paste (I used Balti)
1 400g tin chopped toms (fresh even better)
1 400g coconut cream (I used those creamed coconut sachets)
2 potatoes in small cubes
1 cauliflower (chopped in small florets)
1 pack spinach (optional - I threw in a handful of frozen peas instead)
1 tablespoon washed lentils (optional but helps to thicken)
Juice of a lemon (optional I didn't bother)

In a little oil (I used coconut) gently fry onion till softening then add ginger and paste and cook a couple of minutes. Add toms, coconut, potato, and cauliflower (you may find pre-steaming the cauli helps - it depends on how you like your veg texture-wise) and bring to a simmer for 20 mins. Throw in the frozen peas (or spinach) and continue to cook for 10 mins then take off the heat and add lemon juice if desired and season with salt if liked.

Served with rice cooked with Turmeric and garlic naans.

Having left-overs for tea tonight and am putting in a tin of chick peas this time for added interest. My non-veggie husband enjoyed it and it made a change :3:

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
Cauliflower Curry
cauliflour curry-jeez there will be more gas about than on a North Sea rig after that.yuk!

Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
Cauliflower Curry
Thanks Philip - I can assure you I have not had wind today!!

Couldn't wait for tonight so just had some for late lunch and it tastes nicer today - seemed thicker so don't need to add chick peas after all. I have left some for Hungry Horace though and no doubt it will give HIM wind as every thing else does :lol:

The only ingredient difficult in Turkey would be the paste so I would try a mix of curry powder, coriander, cumin and chilli and if coconut is a problem just use cream.

Cauliflower Curry
i love cauliflower..
thats sounds great. We do something similar without the curry spice..loads of toms plus tomato and pepper paste kimyon and any other veg.

tykatem

Available in sarcastic to
Cauliflower Curry
The one ingredient my wife finds hard to get in the Fethiye area is fresh ginger

Pete

Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
Cauliflower Curry
Just shove powdered in - I never buy fresh though I keep meaning to make the effort.

Jim Pansy

Jim Pansy
Cauliflower Curry
The one ingredient my wife finds hard to get in the Fethiye area is fresh ginger

Pete

Bought some fresh ginger in Migros a couple of weeks ago

Going to try this recipe tonight .
Hope it doesn't put the wind up Mrs Pansy
Might help the :flypig:

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Cauliflower Curry
Can get ginger in Tansas, Mirgos and Kipa now as well as the market - which is great it was always one of my things to bring from UK list!

Cauliflower is difficult to get hold of here now we are well into summer, might have to wait until sep/oct.

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Cauliflower Curry
All ingredients are available here in the Fethiye area. I will save this recipe for when I fancy flying a kite ;)

Oops, apart from the cauli at this time of year, *duh*.

Spurs

Spurs
Cauliflower Curry

Pete

Every now & then fresh ginger is about, you can cube it & freeze it (so I have been told). After 5 years I am still looking for the kitchen in our villa, I know we have one because I bought the white goods.

northpole

The Penguin Rules
Cauliflower Curry
cauliflour curry-jeez there will be more gas about than on a North Sea rig after that.yuk!

ureka!,Just found the solution to the oil crisis to keep the economy rolling on hot air

Irja

Help the Animals of Turke
Cauliflower Curry
Re: Cauliflower Curry/freezing ginger

Every now & then fresh ginger is about, you can cube it & freeze it (so I have been told). After 5 years I am still looking for the kitchen in our villa, I know we have one because I bought the white goods.

You can also leave ginger in whole pieces, rinse it off and let it dry, freeze it whole-skin and all in a little baggie...When need it, use a grater and it grates really well frozen. Yes, you are also grating the skin but I never thought it altered the taste of food because it's so finely grated. Plus the skin is healthy and full of fiber.

Then quickly refreeze the rest of the piece. :hungry:

Irja (Lynn)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom