SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Caster Sugar
Well, now we all know (thanks to KKOB) that we can get self raising flour here, is there a teeny weeny chance that anyone has come across caster sugar???:bowl: I can only find granulated and icing sugar.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Caster Sugar
Put Granulated Sugar in a blender for a minute or so and you've got Caster Sugar. :3:

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Caster Sugar
KKOB to the rescue :) Not seen caster sugar or molasses or light brown sugar. You can get demerera though.

hijo

in my own clique
Caster Sugar
..absolutly right ..then put it through a seive ..then you have icing sugar:41:

KKOB to the rescue :) Not seen caster sugar or molasses or light brown sugar. You can get demerera though.

you can get mollasses in some of our spice shops here:41:

Last edited by a moderator:

waterbaby

Caster Sugar
Where can you get Icing Sugar and what the heck is it called? iv never seen it but am very excited now you have said its available.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Caster Sugar
Icing Sugar is Pudre ┼×eker (Powdered Sugar). Most supermarkets sell it.

Harem

I've cliqued
Caster Sugar
Sometimes that does come out really fine, but at other times is quite coarse.

bethx

Caster Sugar
Does anyone know where you can get food colouring?? Havent really had a good look around for it but have never noticed it??

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Caster Sugar
Nope, never seen it but would be interested to know. I get mine in the UK but you can use fruit juice in icing to colour it a little or cordial.

bethx

Caster Sugar
ohh i want to make a birthday cake but need it for icing... going to have to experiment with some different juices etc see which turns out best..

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Caster Sugar
I've seen it in Migros and Tansas in Fethiye so maybe they've got it in a branch close to you.

bethx

Caster Sugar
Havent been able to find any food colouring yet but will keep trying..
Next question :D Does anyone know where i can buy glucose or cream of tartar? or what i could use to substitute it when making fondant icing??

Thanks x

Latest Posts

Top Bottom