Cash transfer using HiFX?
Has anybody on the Forum used HıFX for international money transfers ? Any positive or negative feedback based on experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

Re: Cash transfer

Has anybody on the Forum used HıFX for international money transfers ? Any positive or negative feedback based on experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

I am curious about this also - have a biggish sum in Barclays in UK and would like to transfer to my HSBC here without the hefty charges

evo80

Re: Cash transfer

I took a large sum in cash years ago . landed late ( too late for bank ) and next day was Sunday . Walking round Turgetreis with this amount of cash on me ( needed feeding lol ) was not one I would repeat .Plan was stop at bank on way from Bodrum A PORT. Plane delayed from UK so that put the Kybosh on that plan .ol said leave it in apartment . No way could i risk that .

Akasya

Postless Pointer
We use transferwise , very quick , cheap and help desk is most useful.

No connection or other interest.

Steve

Heathere

Retired
Have a look at John Lewis. They offered a few weeks ago free transfers not sure if it was a one off.

Sha Hoorsur

There is a number on the top of your bank statements; it’s called your iban number.
You can use this number to transfer cash from one bank account to another, regardless of which country you are in. Using this number you can simply transfer cash from your UK account to your Turkish account or vice versa.
No need to use a third party who will probably take a slice of commission.

I've just used TRANSFERWISE to move all my money out of HSBC Turkey and moved it to Bulgaria where we now live full-time. Cheap & Quick.

Sara-666

There is a number on the top of your bank statements; it’s called your iban number.
You can use this number to transfer cash from one bank account to another, regardless of which country you are in. Using this number you can simply transfer cash from your UK account to your Turkish account or vice versa.
No need to use a third party who will probably take a slice of commission.

Maybe they don't want to pay large bank charges and were seeing if there was an alternative way to transfer their money safely :)

Sara

Sha Hoorsur

I transferred around £55000. As far as I remember it cost me something like £38.00. in bank charges. I didn't think that was too bad, at the time they said it might take three banking days to go through. When we checked the next day it was already there. Cheered me up no end!

Last edited:

kevkj

I have used Transferwise to send money from Uk-Turkish bank account ,low cost and easy ,just set up the accounts with transferwise then set up a direct payment to transferwise for the amount several days later.

Not sure if I could work out how to do it from Turkey bank -Uk bank using transferwise maybe Derek could give a step by step.

Do transferwise transfer the same currency. ie Sterling from Turkey bank to a UK bank? Thanks

Latest Posts

Top Bottom