paul clarke

paul & louise
Cash buyer coming in october
Hi, I am coming to Altinkum to view apartments on Oct 8th and have arrangements with 3 emlaks for viewings. I am now a cash buyer and am looking for an apartment with all necessary documentation in place. Looking for one or two bed apartment NOT ground floor budget 20k cash.
Anyone interested in selling feel free to PM me.
Tried to put this in property section but couldn't access it.
thanks
Paul :)

just refreshing post ;)

Last edited:

johnfella

Hi Paul
You could be lucky to get a 2 bedroom apartment at £20000 , but I don't think so @ above ground level & with all legal paperwork in place .
Anyway Good Luck

Flipflop

Hi Paul

Take your time - if what you see isn't what you expect, leave it to find the right place. This is a lot of money your spending - don't forget fees to be added to the sale - transaction, notary, lawyer etc, so make sure you have budgeted for the 'extras' as well as any furnishing costs to get the place as you want to have it.

Keep annual management fees in mind to if on a complex, and budget for a key holding / inspection service for when you are away from the property to make sure there are no leaks undetected or other problems that can occur in an empty property - not a great expense, but it is part of the overseas ownership costs. Also, insurance for the proerty wil be an annual cost to cover - not a great deal of money to insure, but it all adds up...

Allow for time in the visit to get the Tax Number sorted out too as you'll need this (and take copies of your passport with you...) for setting up a bank account at your preferred bank e.g. HSBC are in Didim, as well as Finansbank, IsBank and others - choose one offering telephone banking from the UK or on-line banking, to manage the account.

Certainly a few sellers around looking for buyers and cash will talk.....so enjoy the process as well as taking a good look at what you want to invest in. Is it only for family holidays, or for a long term let with your occasional use in gaps in tenants, or will you let it out for others holidays too, in which case look at the faclilities to guests etc, as well as re-sale potential in years to come - only to holiday makers in the future or to a 'local' wanting a home. Hope that isn't so obvious and it might be what you have thought about already, but might be worth stating it again.

If you want a measure of the Turkish prices by the way - against what the overseas buyer is quoted - have a look through Sat?l?k Daire, ?l:Ayd?n, - Emlak.Net

This a Turkish estate agents site offering property for sale and prices start in Didim at 25000 YTL.......not GB pounds, Lira - for 60sq. metres of one bedroom, one bathroom apartment. If you want to scroll through other areas, go to the home page (thats the tag: 'Anasayfa' at the top of the page), then on the right of the page, click where the first of the drop down boxes at the top has 'Satılık Daire' (for places for sale).

Then, for the next 'Il ' box click on Aydin, as this is the province to search. The next box down, click Didim - leave the other boxes as they are - then click the grey box marked 'Gayrimenkul Ara' to search, and have a trawl through the properties.

Full details of the property are seen when you click the blkue text next to the picture of the property - If you want the agents details, click the blue text marked 'Emlakçının Diğer İlanları' and this gives the contact details of the seller and all the properties they have on the books. Just anopther note, but look at he date the property was added to the web site - if its' been on a for a bit, the owner might be interested in a little deal if you offer a good price against what the quoted price is too....

Being aware of true(?) prices is important as you might get quoted a range of costs for property, and not be too aware of a real value. Nearer the main beach will cost more, nearer the main street will cost more, and being on a holiday 'complex' will cost a bit more in general terms, so consider the location, the amount of time you can use the place, and again, enjoy it all!

Have a great trip!
F.

paul clarke

paul & louise
Hi John fella, a one bed apartment would be suitable as im only looking for a small place for myself and wife, so two bed would only be a bonus, have got more of a budget if the right place came up.
paul :)

Helenm150

Last edited:

mole

ı think you fined more cheap apart now coz now is winter coming ı hope you fined good one GOOD LUCK

paul clarke

paul & louise

Ian

Hi Paul
You could be lucky to get a 2 bedroom apartment at £20000 , but I don't think so @ above ground level & with all legal paperwork in place .
Anyway Good Luck

Good time to buy in Oct and for 20k you will be able to pick up what your looking for.

rldt1

Sorry, but I don't think that's a realistic budget and I very much doubt that the emlaks you have booked in advance will have anything much in that price range when you actually arrive. Many keep old adverts online just to pull clients in, and the genuine bargains are usually quickly snapped up by Turkish buyers. The same is true for properties on Turkish websites. You can only truly judge for yourself when you are here, but if you are expecting to find a good quality apartment at that price I think you are in for a disappointment.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom