Mag

Carrying Roller Blind in luggage.
I want to bring a roller blind in my luggage this weekend, but it's too big to fit in the case. Would I be safe enough wrapping it in padding and bubble wrap and putting it in the hold?

Thanks
Mag

As long as you pack it well there should be no problem. Three years back I brought over a huge IKEA wall painting which was on a roll and had a collapsable steel frame (in effect about four times the size of a roller blind" and there was no problem. At the UK airport you will have to check it through the oversized items desk (the normal check-in desk will tag it first with the destination label) and then you should be fine.

Tess

:roundgrin Hi Mag, I would be inclined to give it a go, wrap it up well and hopefully all will be fine!!!

Reactions: Mag

matty

Hi,
I have recently brought over roman blinds packed them in bubble wrap and then wrapped them in browm paper. Went to oversize baggage after check in! no problem arrived this end fine.

Regards

stephenbrown

Stevie B
Hi Folks,
would there be a charge for the extra luggage? as I thought you were only allowed one item.....
regards..Stevie

Hi Folks,
would there be a charge for the extra luggage? as I thought you were only allowed one item.....
regards..Stevie
Depends on the airline policy. flythomascook.com now charge £8 for "up to 20kg" of checked-in baggage. It does not say it has to be one item. However, Easyjet's hold baggage policy is charged per checked-in bag.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom