butt007

Warren
Carpet Cleaning
After the winter 2007/2008 I had our one and only carpet cleaned, it measured 2mts by 1.25mts, they took it away and brought it back 8 days later and charged 30lira which I thought was rather a lot.

We got 5 more carpets last November to keep our little tootsies warm! and decided when we took them up this May to get a carpet cleaner as it would be much cheaper in the long run, I figured it would probably cost us about 150lira to get them cleaned!

So a week ago last Friday off we went to KIPA/Alanya where I had noticed several shelves full of vaccumes and cleaners, well, not wanting to pay a fortune, as you do? I bought a ROWENTA carpet cleaner for 200lira,..... errrr well, at least I thought I had bought a carpet cleaner, it showed on the box pictures of lots of bubbles and stuff.
This Friday just gone I thinks to myself it's warm now I'll clean the carpets and put them on the balcony to dry, so I assemble the cleaner and put in the 2 and 1/2 lts of water, switch on and WHOA!! hang on it's blowing bubbles out the top!!!
Stupid me I had bought a water filtration vaccume cleaner, OH dOH!!**>"^?, I'll have to take it back to KIPA.

So back to KIPA with it I go and up to the desk, where upon an English speaking supervisor appears and says "Unlike Tesco in England, KIPA do not give money back for returns or even vouchers to spend instore"

So after some discussion and phone calls to his head of dept, it was agreed that I could have the cash back....... but only after I had said "well, OK I will buy the other carpet cleaner which was 450liras, ouch!" but then I found I did'nt have enough cash on me so had to phone my wife up to fetch more.

She duly arrived and said "I'm not paying 450lira,I want my money back, so after long talks again we got our 200lira back, this was after the guy said "I missunderstood"
So today we cleaned the carpets (3) ourselves and they came up very well, and are now drying on the balcony.

So endeth the lesson ....be carefull when buying things like that.
Warren

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Carpet Cleaning
That is one hell of an adventure on how not to clean carpets.lt made me laugh though.

l have two carpets similar to yours in size.Me being a tight fisted git.l always clean the carpets by using the old fashion way,on hand and knee's scrubbing away.

l wet the carpet first,then with a mixture of a good quality washing powder and cif in the bucket of warm water,mixed well,will come up a treat."ooh"! before the backbreaking workout.Always vacum first to suck up as many dog hairs as possible.
Then ask your other half to fetch an ambulance,because your back has been put out of place.

bodhorn

Carpet Cleaning
I DID THE SEEM ASWELL THOUGHT ID BOUGHT A CARPET CLEANER BUT DIDNT .SO NOW WE HAVE APOWER WASHER AND DO IT OURSELVES WORKS OUT CHEAPER .:biggrin:

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Carpet Cleaning
After the winter 2007/2008 I had our one and only carpet cleaned, it measured 2mts by 1.25mts, they took it away and brought it back 8 days later and charged 30lira which I thought was rather a lot.

We got 5 more carpets last November to keep our little tootsies warm! and decided when we took them up this May to get a carpet cleaner as it would be much cheaper in the long run, I figured it would probably cost us about 150lira to get them cleaned!

So a week ago last Friday off we went to KIPA/Alanya where I had noticed several shelves full of vaccumes and cleaners, well, not wanting to pay a fortune, as you do? I bought a ROWENTA carpet cleaner for 200lira,..... errrr well, at least I thought I had bought a carpet cleaner, it showed on the box pictures of lots of bubbles and stuff.
This Friday just gone I thinks to myself it's warm now I'll clean the carpets and put them on the balcony to dry, so I assemble the cleaner and put in the 2 and 1/2 lts of water, switch on and WHOA!! hang on it's blowing bubbles out the top!!!
Stupid me I had bought a water filtration vaccume cleaner, OH dOH!!**>"^?, I'll have to take it back to KIPA.

So back to KIPA with it I go and up to the desk, where upon an English speaking supervisor appears and says "Unlike Tesco in England, KIPA do not give money back for returns or even vouchers to spend instore"

So after some discussion and phone calls to his head of dept, it was agreed that I could have the cash back....... but only after I had said "well, OK I will buy the other carpet cleaner which was 450liras, ouch!" but then I found I did'nt have enough cash on me so had to phone my wife up to fetch more.

She duly arrived and said "I'm not paying 450lira,I want my money back, so after long talks again we got our 200lira back, this was after the guy said "I missunderstood"
So today we cleaned the carpets (3) ourselves and they came up very well, and are now drying on the balcony.

So endeth the lesson ....be carefull when buying things like that.
Warren

So Warren how did you clean them in the end ?

Carpet Cleaning
Yeah, its very important to have carpets in winter, but it is hard to clean them manually. We have vacuum cleaner with carpet washing function. İts Triathlon brand, but we cracked the pipe, so now its not in good order. Can anyone tell me if we can find spare pipe? The service you mentioned sounds very expensive, I had but now lost the telephone of company which charges 3 tl per sq.m., so your carpet would be cleaned at 7 tl. I guess, you can bargain the labor cost.
Also, FYI, some women offer cleaning services, we paid 30 lira for washing three big carpets (abt 30 sq. meters). We bought the shampoo, conditioner etc. and the job was done very well, in about four hours, at our balcony.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Carpet Cleaning
We bought a jet wash from Koc Tas - cost 250 tl last year - wonderful way to get your carpets lovely and clean . Also great for patios - roof terrace - sun loungers etc

butt007

Warren
Carpet Cleaning
Hi Lesley, well we did what Bobthe nob did we got down on our hands and knees and gave them a good rubbing with cloths soaked with water and carpet cleaning liquid, I tell you I sweated that much I had to go out after for a few beers to re-hydrate myself, just got back in 11.45pm, yeh, it was worth it!
Warren

omer

Carpet Cleaning
Hi Warren, take my carpets to the car wash, they charge me 5tl per rug, and they are ready next day, nice and clean.

juco

Carpet Cleaning
We bought a jet wash from Koc Tas - cost 250 tl last year - wonderful way to get your carpets lovely and clean . Also great for patios - roof terrace - sun loungers etc

Yip I do the same a `power washer` takes a few minutes is good fun and doesn`t do your back in, great for cleaning other things as well but do be careful as I thought I had broken my toe when the jet of water gave them a blast! I tried to give the plastic patio table a clean with it and it started to strip the plastic another couple of minutes and it would have ripped a hole straight through it.

butt007

Warren
Carpet Cleaning
Clean a carpet with a jet-wash!! must say I never thought of that, but does'nt it blow all the pile or thread out of the carpet??
Warren

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Carpet Cleaning
Clean a carpet with a jet-wash!! must say I never thought of that, but does'nt it blow all the pile or thread out of the carpet??
Warren

Thats what I thought. I think I will stick to your method, I like the outcome:5:

juco

Carpet Cleaning

Done it that way 3 times and never lost any pile or thread yet.

butt007

Warren
Carpet Cleaning
Just thought on, the council road water sprayer does the road every morning, might have been a good idea to lay them in a row on the road and ask him to drive back and forth over them, for a few liras of course! Wonder whether that would work??
Warren

Latest Posts

Top Bottom