immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Cargo - How To Use It?
I am building up to using Gittigidiyor and a couple of on-line stores, but I am becoming confused by the use of Cargo companies.

Is there an expectation that I (purchaser) pays for the cargo costs?
How do I know what they will be charging?
Some firms seem to offer a choice of Cargo companies - do I chose or the seller?

As you can see, I am at the bottom of a learning curve, so any help or advice would be great.

I am especially keen to hear from anyone that uses Gittigidiyor. I think I understand the process - very similar to Ebay - except I am unclear how the final payment thing works. I have the option to pay through my bank account with Garanti, it seems. Again, any advice welcomed.

Ian

Last edited:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Cargo - How To Use It?
One way or other you, as the purchaser, will end up paying the cargo costs. So, you can either specify the company that you'd prefer or take a chance on the seller using a suitable carrier. Some sellers may specify the equivalent of "Carriage Forward" i.e. you pay the cargo costs to the carrier on receipt of the goods. If you've got a choice it might be worth choosing the carrier with a depot that's nearest to your house / apartment. We've found that most of the cargo companies in Fethiye have someone who can explain in English how their particular system operates.

You can get a rough idea of what the cargo charges should be by looking at the websites for Turkish carriers like, MNG, Yurticicargo, UPS, TNT, PTT Kargo etc.

Many sellers on Gittigidiyor specify payment through Garanti Bank and if you haven't got an account yourself, you'll be charged for the privilege of using their services. The last time we used Garanti Bank to pay into somebodyelse's account we were charged a handling fee of 25 TL.

Bubskar

Cargo - How To Use It?
I was looking the other day at Gittigidiyor and noticed that if you are looking to buy something from a trader rather than a private purchase often it will show "cargo bizden" which means they pay the cargo as I understand it. Good luck with your purchase - you are very brave - E-bay in English speak confused me!

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Cargo - How To Use It?
Many sellers on Gittigidiyor specify payment through Garanti Bank and if you haven't got an account yourself, you'll be charged for the privilege of using their services. The last time we used Garanti Bank to pay into somebodyelse's account we were charged a handling fee of 25 TL.
With Gittigidiyor - I have a Garanti account with a button for making payments exclusively to GGidiyor - when you have won the item in the auction or bought it at the advertised price, how does the next stage work? As you go through from that point is there a quick route to pay with Garanti account or do I have to log-out and go back to it through my Garanti account? Is the GGidiyor account lınked to the Garanti account like Paypal is to Ebay?
I have registered with GGidiyor, but have not yet been asked for an address. Is that normal?

Ian

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
Cargo - How To Use It?
Does Gittigidiyor have an English option, or is it all in Turkish?

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Cargo - How To Use It?
Use Google Translate to get you through.

If you copy and paste the GG pages from your address bar into Google Translate it'll give you most of the pages in English. Some of the translations are a bit iffy, but you'll get the gist of it.

You should be able to make payment via the GG pages, as you would when using EBay. There shouldn't be any need to be logging in and out of your Garanti Bank account.

Your delivery address, as far as GG is concerned, is the one to which your Garanti Bank account is registered. When you purchase / win an item, your address will automatically be transmitted to the seller. I'm not sure whether you'd be able to change the delivery address to an alternative because of security. i.e. it stops someone hacking your GG account and having goods delivered to their address.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom