Caretaker Job Description
We have just interviewed a caretaker on our site and would like to start him asap. Obviously it will be subject to contract. Turkish owners don't see the need for a contract and their outlook re duties and responsibilities is that " the caretaker does EVERYTHING ! To save time I was hopeful that maybe a member or two could provide me with a sample job description which is applicable on their site. All would be treated as confidential I can assure you. Thanks

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
. Obviously it will be subject to contract. Turkish owners don't see the need for a contract and their outlook re duties and responsibilities is that " the caretaker does EVERYTHING ! s

They will be the first to complain when he does NOTHING, and they want to get rid but can´t because he has no tasks, leave or duties defined.

Ian

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
You are not being swamped with answers, so another option might be to ask the local Chamber of Trade (equivalent) or a Notary for a sample contract.

Ian

Sceptre

In my experience, a caretaker does the gardens and cleaning, in summer he/she does the pool.They pretty much do everything, were as the Manager sits in his office waiting for monthly payments and chairs meetings.IMHO, money for old rope.

You are not being swamped with answers, so another option might be to ask the local Chamber of Trade (equivalent) or a Notary for a sample contract.

Ian

Lol re the response. Good idea re the Chamber of Trade etc. In the interim I have drafted one up myself and will run it past the nose of our lawyer ( he is also the lawyer in the Belidiye). The Turks are very blasé about this - "contract? Job description? What do you need them for? Nobody checks" . That is where they are now very wrong.!

Kanga

Lol re the response. Good idea re the Chamber of Trade etc. In the interim I have drafted one up myself and will run it past the nose of our lawyer ( he is also the lawyer in the Belidiye). The Turks are very blasé about this - "contract? Job description? What do you need them for? Nobody checks" . That is where they are now very wrong.!

. . . and they still want to join the EU ????

Sarahlou

I have a job description both in Turkish and English which we gave our caretaker and if you message me with your email address I can forward a copy to you. One of our owners had his own cleaning company so he looked around our site and drew up the job description based on a minimum of what would be required to keep the complex clean and tidy.

Getting the caretaker to actually do the work is the big problem you will have. We actually paid our caretaker off completely in Aug 2016. Please be aware that you just can't sack him even if he is not working we ended up having to pay him almost 9000tl in lieu of notice and severance pay just to get rid of him. In any event you are welcome to have a copy of our job description.
Marie

Latest Posts

Top Bottom