maggie

Card Skimming.
Just beware my Sons partner has just had his card skimmed in the U.K. and all his money taken from his bank account.!!!!

He has been to the bank,the police station ,and back to the bank to try to open another account.

He was on holiday in Whitby last week and money was taken out in the South of England.He said he was made to feel a criminal trying to prove it was not him who had had his own money.
The bank have told him it could take up to six weeks to sort out.

In the meanwhile how is he suppossed to pay bills etc,standing orders,fuel bills,rent,food, petrol to get to work.!!!

Im fuming If I could find the person who has done this Id !!!!!!!!!!!!!! them.

Right rant over .

It just shows how easily this can be done.

BASTARDS.!!!!!!Hugs Maggie xxx

val2661

Card Skimming.
Maggie

Exactly the same happened to my son 2 weeks ago in England. As you say, not only have they had the money stolen, they have to pay bills and petrol etc. for work without any funds available. I know that in Northamptonshire (where I come from) it is a real problem and petrol station employees have been arrested recently. Perhaps a warning to others in the UK pay for your petrol in cash if you can.

Val

maggie

Card Skimming.
Maggie

Exactly the same happened to my son 2 weeks ago in England. As you say, not only have they had the money stolen, they have to pay bills and petrol etc. for work without any funds available. I know that in Northamptonshire (where I come from) it is a real problem and petrol station employees have been arrested recently. Perhaps a warning to others in the UK pay for your petrol in cash if you can.

Val
This was in Peterborough so just over the border from your son.!!!!!
Hugs Maggie xxx

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Card Skimming.
Hi Maggie
we have been done 3 times now, the bank usually ring us and tell us, we keep the same account, its just new cards we get every thing else like direct debits go out as normal, the problems arise when you check your credit record later, the skimmer will probably put deposits on stuff and then not pay, tell your son to keep all documentation because he will have to prove to the debt collection agencies that the debts are not his.

martin

maggie

Card Skimming.
Hi Maggie
we have been done 3 times now, the bank usually ring us and tell us, we keep the same account, its just new cards we get every thing else like direct debits go out as normal, the problems arise when you check your credit record later, the skimmer will probably put deposits on stuff and then not pay, tell your son to keep all documentation because he will have to prove to the debt collection agencies that the debts are not his.

martin
Thanks passed the messsage on.
Unfortunatly the bank just closed his account and he has had to open a new one all his standing orders have been cancelled and hes now trying to phone everyone to explain what has happened.

Once again people dont believe you when you tell them this is what has happenned even when you do all they want is the crime incident number just to prove you have reported it to the police.

Hugs Maggie xxx

Card Skimming.
We received our credit card statement about a year ago and found various debits about £3000 in total (electrical shops, jewellers etc) in various parts of the country, phoned the card company and it turned out to be an insurance company we had used for years and paid yearly over the phone with our credit card, someone in the company had sold on our card details.

The card company fully refunded our account but I am very wary now of paying over the phone for anything.

Jane

Martyn

Card Skimming.
My wifes ID got compromised a few years ago, it's no joke. The crook got 4 mobiles out under her name and opened a Barclays account as well.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Card Skimming.
I nearly got done for £3000 but luckily the bank smelt a rat and stopped the transaction. These were scammers working from Greece. I was lucky.

Its awful to think fraud is so commonplace in this day and age

Card Skimming.
Hi,

Our daughter-in-law was 'skimmed' in Milton Keynes. The money was taken out of her account in US dollars in the Lebanon-within an hour of her using her card. This was ten days before Xmas-very cruel.

Ann

Latest Posts

Top Bottom