Gazarra

Car Rental 2010
Has anyone had any quotes for car hire for 2010 ? If so have you any better than this :

Economy car hire ...first two weeks in April £200 for Fiat Albea or similar

Valley Car hire ------- £252 ! Ozan Dikman £260.

As you can see quite a difference.

Gazarra

Gazarra

Car Rental 2010
Thanks thingthong and sweetnighter for your suggestions I have now quotes from those also.

At the moment it looks like this;

Economy car hire £200

Proper Car £224 ----252euro

Valley £252

Ozan Dikman £260

Akustic 364 euros

I notice that Economy and Propercar have very similar insurance extras so that if you want to insure tyres,headlights and windscreen it is an extra £2 per day for example.

Gazarra

Gazarra

Car Rental 2010
Update.

Ekrem just came down to £15 per day .... funny what a little competion can do.

Gazarra

jcrian

Car Rental 2010
Pity you're not in Dalaman as Pandora car rental are doing it for £9 a day and that includes everything. (all insurance waivers etc)

I use them all the time and they give a fantastic service.

Car Rental 2010
This would be an ideal situation for TLF members to show their muscle and get real discounts from those car hire companies that earn a very nice living from us every year.

DtB

Car Rental 2010
I use Proper Car in Bodders all the time, always gives me a "best quote" and their service over the years has been very good esp. when I left my driving licence at home............
You can also pay by bank transfer which is really easy..............

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Car Rental 2010
I use Proper Car in Bodders all the time, always gives me a "best quote" and their service over the years has been very good esp. when I left my driving licence at home............
You can also pay by bank transfer which is really easy..............

same as ! first class service always

martin

kaplumba

Car Rental 2010
Pity you're not in Dalaman as Pandora car rental are doing it for £9 a day and that includes everything. (all insurance waivers etc)

I use them all the time and they give a fantastic service.

Not in April Ian. I also like them but you can only get it for 9 pounds a day for 22+ days between November and March. I was looking for April and they quote 18 pounds a day for 6+ days. It is good but much the same as I was paying in August in Datca.

Himmycats

Car Rental 2010
Renault Megan Symbol - Automatic, I get it for 20Euro a day from SET CAR Hire, side street from the Marina in Bodrum. Gumbet.

Tyres, Screen and Headlamps not included, but I never pay the extra as I really care where I park, it is just another income for them! I always get the Baby seat for FREE

ANYONE knows of any cheaper? Pity Smart cars are not popular in Turkey! Coming over in April and September this year!

dngood

Car Rental 2010
The price differences don't surprise me; I did a report for the Bodrum Bulletin last year, from 22 companies the cheapest daily rate (1 week hire) was 35TL, and the most expensive was 80TL (same class car).

A good price is 45-50TL a day based on a week hire. Anything below that and I'd look very carefully in the small print to check what's included. Child seat hire should be free at most places, or a bargaining point otherwise.

There are many unofficial car hire companies in Bodrum, operating without proper insurance cover, so stick to ones which have been reccomended on this forum (there are several threads from last year), or check on sites such as the Reader's Reccomendations directory on the Bodrum Bulletin.

Hope this helps,

Dave.

Last edited:

DtB

Car Rental 2010
Don't know whether you consider Proper Car to be one of the registered companies, but am just about to embark on a 6wk hire for GBP 500,-- as I've been using them on a regular basis for a while now............... and as mentioned above, they always do me proud.......................

thingthong

Car Rental 2010
Becareful gazarra,this company have a small fleet of cars,5 i think and have no back up service should things go wrong
I have heard of over booking during peak season and when a car broke down,no other care was available
Cheapest is not always the best,there main business is furniture ,not car rental,but thats not to say anything will go wrong,but if it does....................

Gazarra

Car Rental 2010
Thanks thingthong you are quite right cheapest is not always best ---I'll keep you posted . It seems at peak season many companies overbook just in case they are let down themselves,I think this is what happened with Ekrem(Valley) on a few occasions last year.

Gazarra

Gazarra

Car Rental 2010
As far as I know Ekrem has always been £105 per week for low season( Oct to april.)
Pete

That's the rate I paid him last March/April also so I was a bit surprised when his first quote to me was £18 per day.
I would also say that he has never let me down despite some adverse publicity he received and I also would like to support him as the village operator.
However,let's see how these guys work out, I'll certainly keep you informed.

Gazarra

Latest Posts

Top Bottom