tykatem

Available in sarcastic to
Car on fire crashes into airport
A car on fire has been driven at the main terminal building at Glasgow Airport, police have confirmed.
Eyewitnesses have described a Jeep Cherokee being driven at speed towards the building with flames coming out from underneath.

They have also described seeing two Asian men, one of whom was on fire, who had been in the car.

http://ww.bbc.com/

pebble

Yikes, that is terrible. Any further information? It doesnt sound like they are with one of the big terrorist groups.
Whats with the popularity of this "nail bomb" i had never heard of it before.

What is this world coming to? How sad that this is what this world is ending up as.

Andywebb

Yes car crashed into Glasgow Airport check-in. We have our nephew flying in from Dalaman to Glasgow at 8.00pm tonight so god knows where he will land. Not a good end to a holiday considering he was robbed of his wallet whilst staying in Dalaman.

Andy

matty

Hi Andy,
I hope your nephew gets back safely tonight, sorry to hear that he has also had his wallet stolen, can i ask where in Dalaman did he have his wallet stolen?

As there have been a few thefts in the market area recently.
People need to be aware.

Regards Ann :mad:

Andywebb

matty said:
Hi Andy,
I hope your nephew gets back safely tonight, sorry to hear that he has also had his wallet stolen, can i ask where in Dalaman did he have his wallet stolen?

As there have been a few thefts in the market area recently.
People need to be aware.

Regards Ann :mad:

At this moment I cannot say as we do not have the full story. We actually live here in Spain and we made contact with him to see if we could transfer money to him via Western Union but said his girlfreind had money and cards. They were staying at the Sindy apartments if that means anything. Will let you know the full story when we hear from him.

Andy

Lets hope everyone is safe and all can get away soon, looks like it will be a hard night me for me at BHX on the night shift. No cars allowed at terminal folks so allow extra time if you are traveling to any UK airport.

parrot

Andywebb said:
Yes car crashed into Glasgow Airport check-in. We have our nephew flying in from Dalaman to Glasgow at 8.00pm tonight so god knows where he will land. Not a good end to a holiday considering he was robbed of his wallet whilst staying in Dalaman.

Andy
all flights in and out of Glasgow suspended or moved,more info at 21.00 hrs.Most airports doing the same as B.H.X Roads around Heathrow at a standstill.Not looking good for our flight tomorrow night from L.G.W.

Last edited:
Good luck to all of you that flying in the next couple of days. I hope you all get off alright.

Sharon

Jenny

There was a bomb scare in Liverpool city centre lastnight - they caught 2 people getting away on the motorway and 2 people in town. My sister was supposed to be going out in Liverpool but none of the taxi's from our side would take people over to Liverpool because of it. My friend was in liverpool and said it was madness, half of the town was cornered off.
Also, the airport at liverpool was closed after a suspicious car was found.

It looks like the police are doing a good job as most of the incidents are being discovered before anything too serious happens.

Jenny.x.

Last edited:
Hi All

The first flight out of Glasgow has just taken off, and 3 have landed this morning.

We can see the runway from our bedroom window about 2 miles away as the crow flies, and anytime I look out their is always a plane coming and going, but it is strangly quiet at the mo.

Cheers Peter

ade

Scottish police have now named the Asian driver of the Jeep.
He was Singed Maheed

ROYREME

Very funny Ade but i dont think this is a joking matter.We should all take it very serious,without giving in to these evil creatures, and be allert at all times.

CathnPete

Pete and I thought that was very funny Ade! Made us laugh. Just as well we Brits have a sense of humour eh? Don't let the so n so's get us down do we?

Cathi and pete

Germaine

Mass Debater
Yes i also heard that a couple of Doctors were Arrested for Flouting the recent ban.

Smoking in the airport.

v6cod

Living in Okcular
ade said:
Scottish police have now named the Asian driver of the Jeep.
He was Singed Maheed

I heard his name was Singed Majeep and his accomplice was Maheeds Roasting :lol:

red

So is Ade's friend really bad at texting or is Ade bad at telling em?
Royeme - it happens all the time now erm or that may be just my friends - it's like a bleeding competition now!!! - who can be the first to upset me with thier poor taste responses to the world ending as we know it!!

dale

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia : one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia ..." "However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society .. Learn the language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

Should our polititions have the balls to say the same thing

Dale

Latest Posts

Top Bottom