Thechefster

car hire in Datca
Hi
We hired a car in June from Poplar.com at Dalaman airport. £150 for the week. Agent was standing outside airport with our name on card and took us to car. He then drove us 5km to office, where he did the necessary; driving license, passport, credit card stuff. We then drove to Datca, two hours of effortless driving. I would definately use them again but would ask for car with bigger engine, due to mountains between Marmaris-Datca, Datca-Knidos etc. Also Diesel might be more economical as the petrol is quire expensive.

meritcom

car hire in Datca
articar they have also offices, Istanbul, Izmir, Dalaman and Bodrum. It is a german company which took Articar in Turkey. If you book on Turkish site you get better prices. You can aldo bargain if you book your car in Dalaman. Or through their office in Datca which is new this year.

Good luck !!!!

villaolivio

villaolivio
car hire in Datca
we use rentacarturkey.com, if you send me an email I can tell you how to get additional discount. They have good prices and excellent service!

kaplumba

car hire in Datca
thanks meritcom, just off to trawl Datca in search of a hire car now. We usually use the one near BIM and usually pay 50 lira a day. Anyone know where this new one is and what they charge?

kaplumba

car hire in Datca
Hi Turquoise unfortunately I will no longer recommend the one mentioned earlier. However we have used Marmaris-transfers.com before and have always been happy. We get a transfer to marmaris and then pick it up there and in reverse going back. In August i will probably use proper car or pandora cars and get it from Dalaman.

Thechefster

car hire in Datca
Hi
We hired a car in June from Poplar.com at Dalaman airport. £150 for the week. Agent was standing outside airport with our name on card and took us to car. He then drove us 5km to office, where he did the necessary; driving license, passport, credit card stuff. We then drove to Datca, two hours of effortless driving. I would definately use them again but would ask for car with bigger engine, due to mountains between Marmaris-Datca, Datca-Knidos etc. Also Diesel might be more economical as the petrol is quire expensive.

I apologise, that should read propercar.com.

car hire in Datca
We have been using pandora car rental. They are there at the airport Dalaman when we arrive and have necessary paperwork ready to be sıgned...check driving licence etc.... on our departure we are met and hand over the keys...very efficient and to date have nhad no problems with them

kaplumba

car hire in Datca
A few posts ago I was a bit reluctant to recommend the one we usually use as in April when I asked what he would charge in July he told me 50 lira a day for 2 weeks. Well we turned up and oh no it was now 65 lira so I felt a bit irked. We went ahead anyway because we just didn't want to trawl all round the car hire places and as it turns out all the Datca car hire places were charging much the same. Well the chap who runs the place is very nice although he doesn't speak English but he keeps his dictionary to hand and tries hard!
He gave us a fairly battered old car which he delivered to our house. We said we didn't mind at all but the next day he came back with a better one although it was rather a shame that we had put petrol in it and then had to enter into a discussion to get that back!! Thank goodness for those 4 years of Turkish lessons that have made me an enthusiastic beginner! Well I really wish we had kept the old one as - we (no I'll re phrase that) HE - the husband that is, pranged the car in Migros car park on one of their stupid no parking signs. That is another story as a silly woman ran up to tell us we couldn't park there. OMG we weren't trying to park we were trying to prise the car off the b***** sign. Anyway what I am trying to say is the manager of the car hire place couldn't have been nicer about it. No charge at all and I had even taken out an extra car insurance in UK to cover any excess. Next time I shall insist on the old banger. The company is called Eskol and are near BIM. I have also used the same company in Marmaris.

PS. Just had an email from Pandora cars who are highly recommended by several forum members. 9 days in September 130 pounds, collecting from Dalaman airport- very good I think.

Last edited:

Thechefster

car hire in Datca
Does anyone know if Eskol car hire is still operating in Datca and if so, how can I contact them?

Alternatively, is there anywhere else, in Datca, I can hire a car during August?

My party of 12 is getting a transfer from the airport but I think a small car might be handy to get shopping etc.

Thanks
Ian

car hire in Datca
eskol is still there and another hire car place in mian street just by the tree....Karnea.

sorry havnt any other details but will find out when next in town and let you know

Kathleen

car hire in Datca
Ian
We were able to hire a car toay from Eskol. 80 Lira per day for Hyundai Accent. just had to wait an hour for it to be delivered from Marmaris. Hope this helps.

CJD

car hire in Datca
I have used Ercan a member on here for my car hire twice this year
I would be happy to recomend anytime, I was collected from the
airport, which I like, my last rental company used to do the transaction
in the car park, we are then driven to his office and given a drink
whilst we sign the paperwork. with my parents pulling out due to
illness last time I only booked the day before leaving and I extended
by one day at short notice so I'm not the best of customers:dizzy:
sorry Ercan and a big thank you for being so understanding.
Oh and his prices were very good and the car was new:roundgrin

Dalaman Car Rental, Dalaman Airport Transfer, Car Hire in Dalaman, Rent a Car

Latest Posts

Top Bottom