Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Captain Tom Moore Foundation investigated by Charity Commission over management concerns

Captain Tom Moore Foundation investigated by Charity Commission over management concerns​

Extract:
The probe will look at arrangements between the charity and a company linked to Sir Tom's daughter, Hannah Ingram-Moore, and her husband Colin.

The watchdog has now launched an inquiry after becoming concerned about arrangements between the charity and a company linked to Sir Tom's daughter, Hannah Ingram-Moore, and her husband Colin.

Concerns were also raised about the trustees' decision-making and how the charity was governed.

In March 2021, the charity requested the regulator's permission to employ Ms Ingram-Moore, a former trustee, on a salary of £60,000 per year, for three days a week. The commission requested evidence of the benchmarking exercise undertaken.

The charity provided the commission with this evidence and a revised proposal to appoint Ms Ingram-Moore on a salary of £100,000 on a full-time basis.

Then in July 2021, the regulator refused permission to employ Ms Ingram-Moore as chief executive on a salary of £100,000 - considering the proposed salary neither reasonable nor justifiable.

Mushroom

Captain Tom Moore Foundation investigated by Charity Commission over management concerns
In my opinion, that family promoted the actions of a gentleman for their own purposes and have 'piggy backed' their own business via the charity, using his name to advertise their products knowing full well that there are those out there who would buy items with his face or name on them, when in fact the proceeds weren't included in the charity.
I read that after paying creditors, they still made a cool £500,000 in the first year of trading.
I'm also told that it was his daughter who made a point of pursuing local media to inform them of her dad's actions initially.
I think that he was set up by the family and whilst his deeds and the funds received were honourable, theirs were a bit dodgy.

429nufc

I would think that the family would be guilty of “passing off” at the very least, they seem to be chancers

Bramidan

Do you know, I’m never taken in by all this bu.llsh.it.
All these Charities you can guarantee somebodies taking a cut.
I only give to Masonic charities, no rake off, what you give arrives net.
Please don’t insult me about Masons wielding undo influence etc do your research.

Mushroom

Do you know, I’m never taken in by all this bu.llsh.it.
All these Charities you can guarantee somebodies taking a cut.
I only give to Masonic charities, no rake off, what you give arrives net.
Please don’t insult me about Masons wielding undo influence etc do your research.
The freemasons move funds without deductions. There are many 'arrangements' done along the way ' on the square' though? Don't ask me how I know.

Hilsjw

I agree Bramidan. I only give to local charities, maybe a busker to two if they sound good. Bill sent a cheque to John Humphries last year as he has a very small charity that helps the poorest overseas. It is monitored and the only "rake off" he and his helpers get is a bowl of potato soup, made by him.

Saoirse

I always gave to animal charities back home.

Then I found a stray cat suffering horribly including with a broken leg

I contacted

RSPCA
Cat Protection
Animal Welfare League
Local Animal charity ( USPCA)
Local council

None of them were in the slightest interested and offered no help whatsoever

2 of them actually told me they were there for the promotion of animal care awareness as opposed to actually helping!!!!

That episode ended me contributing to animal charities- esp if you read up on what the directors of these organizations earn

Still with the poor animal crying in agony in my arms I contacted my own local vet who offered to operate on the wee thing totally at cost ( all in around £500 with long term boarding for recuperation etc)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom