SLEEPY

Cancer in dogs
Last week my Old English Sheep dog had a major operation to remove a tumour. Today the vet confirmed that following tests she has cancer.
The vet is now suggesting putting the dog who is 10 years old through chemo.
Has anyone any experience of this or is it kinder to put the dog to sleep.
Appreciate any feedback.

Last edited:

enoch

Cancer in dogs
Last week my Old English Sheep dog had a major operation to remove a tumour. Today the vet confirmed that following tests she has cancer.
Has anyone anyone any experience of this or is it kinder to put the dog to sleep.
Appreciate any feedback.

Best dog in the world SLEEPY mine was 17 years old put him to sleep don't let him suffer .

Last edited:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Cancer in dogs
Having had human friends who have suffered through this treatment, I would not wish it on anyone - man or beast. It is tempting to try to hang on for the sake of the family and not giving up on a beloved pet, but that might not be the kindest thing to do in the long run.

Ian

shash

shash
Cancer in dogs
Has anyone any experience of this or is it kinder to put the dog to sleep.
Appreciate any feedback.

It would depend on the type of chemotherapy that is offered. If it's tablet form it's easy to administer and is pretty good and your dog will barely notice it. But if your vet has told you the tumour has metastesized then it's kinder to say no. If you take the tablet route your furry friend will tell you when he/she has had enough.plus I think 10 years of age is pretty good for a large dog. I speak from experience and my dog had a whole year of normal very energetic life then he let me know it was time. Good luck whatever you decide.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom