lilypotpan

Can you translate letter for my ex partners mother?
Hi

Well i need some help in translating a letter to my ex-boyfriends mother. My turkish is not good enough to say the things i want to say. We are very close and i would like to send the below letter to her.
Can anyone help me.

Dear Anne,

I hope you are ok, and i am sorry for missing your birthday. Bahadir didnt tell me the date.
I want you to know i will allways keep in touch. I know me and your son wont be together but i will still keep you in my life, like i promised. You mean so much to me. I miss you and Baba alot, and the cats esecially leyla,She met you the same day i did.
I want to say one day we will see each other again. But i know it will be to hard for me, you know how much i love your son. I wouldnt be able to cope with the pain of seeing him again.
I know me and Bahadir had plans to get a house in winter and we would of had you round for 50 lemon cheesecake and menemen:D.That was my dream. But you cannot have a dream if the other person doesnt want it.
I will be ok, i am smart and i will work hard and make a good life for myself.
You can email me anytime and i will find someone to translate. I still have your letter you wrote that day about bahadir. I dont understand it. But i know it has alot of love in it.
Ill allways see you as my mum and baba my dad.
I love you very much.

Leyla.xxx

Can anyone help?

thanks its really important to me.xx

kaplumba

Welcome to the forum Leyla. You are rather brave bouncing in with a first post like that. It all sounds a bit sad. Now I wouldn't mind betting that someone here might be prepared to translate that for you if perhaps you offered to bung some cash into the appeal for Pebble. If you search through recent posts you will find out all about it.

bickern

d. Now I wouldn't mind betting that someone here might be prepared to translate that for you if perhaps you offered to bung some cash into the appeal for Pebble.

A bit unfair, sounds like bribery.

petlover

my turkish is not that good unfortunately but you are a very courageous woman by the sound of what you write, i hope things work out for you because it sounds like a good story lies behind what you have written and i hope your turkish family treats you warmly still which i gather they are doing, so i wish you very much well.

kaplumba

A bit unfair, sounds like bribery.

I don't think so at all. I'm not talking about loads of money - perhaps a fiver. If she went to a translator it would cost more than that. One member here did some translating for a friend of mine when we were collecting for Ali's bed and she was very happy to donate 20 pounds as a thank you. It was only a suggestion and I can't translate it anyway.
One good turn deserves another.

Martyn

I think it's a good way of raising money. Now are there any services I can offer for payment? :biggrin: Seriously, if I could I would, been thinking about it a lot.

Faralya

Hi

Well i need some help in translating a letter to my ex-boyfriends mother. My turkish is not good enough to say the things i want to say. We are very close and i would like to send the below letter to her.
Can anyone help me.

Dear Anne,

I hope you are ok, and i am sorry for missing your birthday. Bahadir didnt tell me the date.
I want you to know i will allways keep in touch. I know me and your son wont be together but i will still keep you in my life, like i promised. You mean so much to me. I miss you and Baba alot, and the cats esecially leyla,She met you the same day i did.
I want to say one day we will see each other again. But i know it will be to hard for me, you know how much i love your son. I wouldnt be able to cope with the pain of seeing him again.
I know me and Bahadir had plans to get a house in winter and we would of had you round for 50 lemon cheesecake and menemen:D.That was my dream. But you cannot have a dream if the other person doesnt want it.
I will be ok, i am smart and i will work hard and make a good life for myself.
You can email me anytime and i will find someone to translate. I still have your letter you wrote that day about bahadir. I dont understand it. But i know it has alot of love in it.
Ill allways see you as my mum and baba my dad.
I love you very much.

Leyla.xxx

Can anyone help?

thanks its really important to me.xx

Sevgili Anne,
Ümit ederim iyisindir. Doğum gününü atladığım( kaçırdığım) için özür dilerim. Bahadır tarihi söylememişti.

Bilmeni isterim ki ben seninle ilşkiyi devamlı sürdüreceğim.
Biliyorum ki ben ve oğlun bundan sonra beraber olmayacağız fakat ben söz verdiğim gibi sana hayatımda her zaman yer vereceğim ( seni hayatımda her zaman tutacağım). Benim için çok şey ifade ediyorsun. Seni ,babamı çok özledim ve kedileri özellikle de seninle benim gibi aynı gün karşılaşan Leylayı.
Birgün mutlaka buluşacağımızı söylemek isterim. Biliyorum ki bu benim için çok zor olacak, oğlunu ne kadar çok sevdiğimi biliyorsun. Onun tekrar görmenin acısıyla başedebileceğimi sanmıyorum.
Bahadır ve ben kışın bir ev almayı planlıyorduk ve sana 50. yılda menemen ve cheesecake ikram edecektik ( I am not so sure about the last part; after and..). Bu benim en büyük hayalimdi. Fakat diğer kişi istemiyorsa hayaliniz ( rüyanız ) olmuyor ( gerçekleşmiyor).
Ben güçlüyüm, iyi olacağım, çok çalışacağım ve kendime iyi bir hayat kuracağım.
Bana istediğin zaman e-posta gönderebilirsin tercüme edecek birisini bulurum.
Bahadır hakkında bana yazdığın o mektubu hala saklıyorum.
Anlamıyorum, fakat içinde çok sevgi barındırdığını biliyorum.
Sizleri her zaman annem ve babam olarak göreceğim, bileceğim.
Sizleri çok seviyorum.

bickern

It was only a suggestion and I can't translate it anyway.
One good turn deserves another.

I know the sentiments you meant and I do not disagree with you in part, it just seemed a bit like bribery although I know you did not mean it as such.
:decision:

kaplumba

That was very kind of Faralya. I hope in return Leyla will show some kindness to someone else. Not bribery at all, just some human kindness.

Bubskar

Well done Faralya. It is very kind of you. Lilypotpan was very brave to approach the Forum with this request in the first place. In the last six months I have been in the place she is now and I have had to cope on my own with the sorrow, so know how she feels at the moment with a need to express herself and finding it difficult to do so without help.

Faralya

I hope both you feel better to cope with your sorrow when you read two poems of one Turkish and one Chilean poets;

Love Requires Two People

Direction of wind changes
Leaves fade suddenly
Ship loses its way on the sea
looks for a harbor in vain
Laughter of a stranger
has already stolen your lover;
The poison gathered in you
will kill only itself
The only thing experienced alone is death
Love requires two people

Even its a memory did not remain
from lovemaking during nights
The skin I touched thousands times
the poems you can write is thousands year far.

Ataol Behramoğlu

If You Forget Me

I want you to know
one thing.
You know how this is:
if I look
at the crystal moon, at the red branch
of the slow autumn at my window,
if I touch near the fire
the impalpable ash
or the wrinkled body of the log,
everything carries me to you,
as if everything that exists,
aromas, light, metals,
were little boats that sail
toward those isles of yours that wait for me.

Well, now,
if little by little you stop loving me
I shall stop loving you little by little.

If suddenly
you forget me
do not look for me,
for I shall already have forgotten you.

If you think it long and mad,
the wind of banners
that passes through my life,
and you decide to leave me at the shore
of the heart where I have roots,
remember
that on that day,
at that hour,
I shall lift my arms
and my roots will set off
to seek another land.

But
if each day,
each hour,
you feel that you are destined for me
with implacable sweetness,
if each day a flower
climbs up to your lips to seek me,
ah my love, ah my own,
in me all that fire is repeated,
in me nothing is extinguished or forgotten,
my love feeds on your love, beloved,
and as long as you live it will be in your arms
without leaving mine.

Pablo Neruda

friend1957

friend1957
Dear sister,
Here is my translation. I hope it will serve the perpuse.
I did not translate word for word. But it has the reflaction of what you like to say.
I hope all goes well.

Canim Anacigim;
Insallah iyisindir, dogum gununde yaninda olamadigim icin ozur dilerim. Tarihten haberim yoktu.
Seni cani gonulden seven bir kizin olarak kalacagimi bilmeni isterim.

Bahadirla beraberligimiz bitmis olsada, soz verdigim gibi hayatim boyunca sizi bir annem bilecegim.
Hayatimda senin ve babamin cok onemli yeri var, sizleri cok ozledim.
Insallah birgun yine bulusacagiz. Bahadiri cok seviyorum, ondan ayri kalmak ne kadar aci gelsede, sabredecegim.

Bahadirla birlikte bu kis ev almayi pilanliyorduk.
Senin 50. yilinda limonlu peynir pastasi ve menemen hazirlamayi, yeni evimizde birlikte olmayi hayal ediyordum. Fakat nasib olmadi.
Bahadirdan benim ona olan sevgime karsilik bulamadim. Hayirlisi ne ise o olur insallah.
Ben Allah in izni ile cok calisacagim, yeni bir hayat kuracagim.
Bana istedigin zaman mektup gonderebilirsin, tercume edecek birisini bulurum.
Bahadir hakkinda bana yazdigin mektubu hala sakliyorum.
Seni ve babami herzaman oz ailem olarak gorecegim.
Sizleri cok seviyorum ve ozluyorum.

Not: Bu mektubu Turkce bilen bir kardesim tercume etti. Sende biliyorsun ki,
Yazilan sozler, kalbimizde hissettiklerimizi tam olarak yansitamiyor.
Sizleri cok sevdigimi bilin yeter. Allah a emanet olun.

I have a one page letter that I would like to have translated into Turkish,
I would rather e mail the letter to the Translator than publish it on the open forum and
would be more than happy to make a small donation to one of the TLF funds.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom