Akbuk Rob

Can we renew residency in Didim yet
Is the new Didim residence application/renewal facility up and running yet?

I have heard from 3 sources now that it is up & running but nothing to that effect has been posted on this forum or in the Voices rag. Can anyone enlighten us. The memsahib and I need to renew this month.

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
I know they were plans to be able to renew one's Visa in Didim, without going to Kos, but I have not heard anything about renewing resident's permit.

Certainly very good if it happens.

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
I think you have it the wrong way around........there was talk of renewing residences, never the three month visa though.

Akbuk Rob

Yes that's right Lilly, it's the full residency permit we need to renew not a tourist visa, but thanks Tommie for your input.

Hi Rob.I also have to renew my residency permit this month.Mine falls due on the 9th but there is a 15 day period of grace after that date.If you like we could share the cost of going to Aydin.Let me know.Cheers.You can let me know by a PM

Last edited:

Akbuk Rob

Hi Dave.

Thanks for the offer but we have friends in Akbuk who need to renew at the same time so we will be going to Kusadsi with them by car, unless we can all save ourselves the trip by getting it done in Didim.

It is the firm belief of the few who have told me it can now be done in Didim that has me asking forum members because nothing appears to have been made public. I am still inclined to believe the Didim facility is not yet available.

Does anyone know yea or nay?

As far as Im aware the Didim office is not open yet.
Friends enquired and had to go to Kusadasi again today to renew theirs.
They were told it will be a few months before it will be possible to renew in Didim...........but who knows.

reni

Hello everyone! Does anybody knows if you can renew a residency permit in Didim yet? If yes, where is the office where you need to go?
Thanks for all info!

bebs

Hi reni ,have a look at posts 76-80 on Visa Changes .............Bebs

Last edited:

jelly

Hi Rob.I also have to renew my residency permit this month.Mine falls due on the 9th but there is a 15 day period of grace after that date.If you like we could share the cost of going to Aydin.Let me know.Cheers.You can let me know by a PM

Hello, I would definitely recommend going to Kusadasi rather than Aydin (which is a massive headache). We have renewed twice in Kusadasi now and it's a breeze. The police office is right on the front (practically opposite where the big cruisers come in). You just do the formalities there, then turn left out of the police and walk up the main bazaar part of the town towards the cemetry (10 mins walk), then you can pay your fees at the tax office then wander back and finish off - you then go back 1 week later to collect. We usually make a day of it and have lunch etc.. and a bit of shopping. About 100 times nicer than Aydin and the people are more helpful too.

Jelly

carolk

R.I.P
Hi Bebs, I have looked at those posts and cant see where it says whether you can or can not renew you RP in Didim yet. Am I being dim?

maggie

Does anyone know can you go anywhere in Didim just to get a 6 month residency permit.

Hugs Maggie x

bebs

Maybe im cracking up Carol so many posts on ,have a look at Gazzers post 80 ......Bebs

sahil

athe Didim police office is not yet doing R.P. renewals. They are all set up to go and even have appointed a very nice police lady, who has pretty good english, to do the job.

However - - -they are waiting for the governor of Aiden to give them the go ahead.

Sorry Maggie but all new issues of R.P's have to be done in Aiden.

gazzer

Hi All,
Yes it was me who posted about getting your R/P in Didim. They are setting it up now and i would assume it will start fromthe 10th of Oct when all the changes take effect..of course you can only re-new in Didim not apply for your first one..

Cheers

Gary

jakebeak

Can someone tell me what documents you need to renew the residence permit? Do you need more photos or do you just keep using the same book. I don't know. Cheers.

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
you use the existing blue book but each renewal is treated exactly the same as an initial application, new photos, application forms, letter, payments etc

Latest Posts

Top Bottom