mavibenim

Can we get Turkish channels without satellite or internet?
Hi, I am actually living in Ankara, Turkey. I came here on 1st of October, 2009 for two years of graduate study in The University of Warwick. I came here with my wife and two and a half years old son.
We rented a house in Coventry. At first, we thought we don't need a TV because we were watching TV on internet. However, when I started to use Pc for my assignments, my wife and son got bored so much, because they couldn't use the pc.
We bought a second hand TV and I brought a satellite guy. When we started to set up the satellite, our neighbour came and said: you cannot set up a satellite on this apartment because it is a communal area. So we stopped.
I rented this flat from an agency. There two apartments here each with three floors. I think the apartments are managed by a company but I am not sure.

1. Is it legally forbidden to set up a satellite on the apartment's wall?
2. Is there a way that I can get permission for the satellite? (if I write to the management company or talk to the agency I think they will not be tolerant and I will not be able get a permission, is there a way to persuade them)
3. Is there a way for me to watch Turkish TV/channels on television (not on pc / internet) without using a satellite? (We went to Holland and Germany in the Christmas and two of my relatives were watching Turkish channels on their TV even they didn't have a satellite both in Holland and Germany!)

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
I think you really must contact the agency you rented from , Dose anyone else in the apts have a satetile dish ???? if not then theres a good chance your not allowed one !!!!
But sometimes there can be one dish thats shared by all the apts i'd check that out too ...........Diane

mavibenim

Thank you for your kind answers.. As understood from the answers there isn't any box that includes Turkish TV channels.
For the satellite dish, unfortunately there aren't any dishes in oth apartments.
And this means I think I have to plan moving another flat in the summer...

you may find it is wired fo cable tv or Terrestrial most citys and towns have terrestrial transmitters so no dish requiered in istanbul they have cable tv as well so i dont see why you have not where you are

Latest Posts

Top Bottom