Status
Not open for further replies.

ribena34

Can I Trust Him???
hello

met a barman from ARTI REST/BAR on the 21/09 he has text and called me every day since ive got back..... wants me to return in jan 2010 to see him and says we can rent house to share.....shall i trust him???? has anyone else been to ARTI REST/BAR or am i being paranoid???? there is a lot on the forums about not trusting turkish men and that they are only want one thing....i spent some time with him but did not sleep with him

what should i do????

hijo

in my own clique
Can I Trust Him???
..take heed ribena 34 these advices are not far wrong....surprised you hav,nt been ask for a couple of grand yet ..for his sick uncle that needs a life saving operation...

Gin&Tonic

Can I Trust Him???
hello

met a barman from ARTI REST/BAR on the 21/09 he has text and called me every day since ive got back..... wants me to return in jan 2010 to see him and says we can rent house to share.....shall i trust him???? has anyone else been to ARTI REST/BAR or am i being paranoid???? there is a lot on the forums about not trusting turkish men and that they are only want one thing....i spent some time with him but did not sleep with him

what should i do????

If you're asking for advice then mine would be: stay where you are, save your money and forget all about him.

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Can I Trust Him???
Aww dearie me what a dilemma you are in. Good Luck to you. You could always get some back copies of Take a Break to read on your plane journey back to here for advice and experiences of other disilluisoned girlfriends of Turkish waiters.

Last edited:

tjd

Can I Trust Him???
How did you ever manage to complete a passport application or buy tickets for travel?

hijo

in my own clique
Can I Trust Him???
go back and see him asap.also start arrangements to get him his visa too. meanwhile draw large sums of money out so you can give him cash lol!

..even better why rent? buy a house ..and put it in his name ..and get the tapu the same day ..logical to me:36:

suzyq

Can I Trust Him???
Well I don't think anyone can answer that really, not all of them are bad.

The main thing is if you did come over how are you going to support yourself as you find it almost impossible to get a work permit and who is going to pay the rent and pay for food. Also what would you do with yourself whilst he is working long nights in a bar.

Just take your time and don't rush into anything, don't part with any money whatever the reason.

Last edited:

Andy

Can I Trust Him???
If your hearts telling you to go back then go back but be very very weary and hold on to your money and cross your legs tightly untill you are 100% sure this is the guy for you.

Not all Turkish men are bad and you might have just found Mr right as other members here have done on the forum.

Just be carefull, everyone's trying to warn you.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Can I Trust Him???
There are many happy marriages between Turkish Men and English women, and also many very bad horror stories. You have a lot to think about before you make that desicion, is he younger/older/similar age to you? Does he have the means to support himself?, as you will not be able to work, can you support yourself?, are there children involved with either of you?, are you happy about uprooting yourself to live in Turkey?, alone, with no back up should it go pear shaped (tits up), lol. I'm sure you will get lots of advice on here, but only you can make that final decision, it's your life, and if you want to go for it, then do it and you may end up happy ever after, or left with a broken heart and nothing. Maybe best to just remain friends.

pldouglas

Can I Trust Him???
Getting a bit personal here guys!
I don't suppose all Turkish men are bad news, but they don't seem to have a very good reputation, so if its advice you are looking for then THINK TWICE, then think again.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Can I Trust Him???
Please do not read this if you are easily offended

Dear Ribena34, you have posted on this topic on several occasions and on several separate threads. You say you met this man whilst on holiday, what do your friends think ?

As none of us know this guy how can anyone make an objective judgement.

If he is a waiter, he probably wont have much money.

You say you never slept with him but are thinking of moving in with him. After a reasonable celibate courtship you may want to take the plunge, after an unconsumnated holiday romance this seems a huge step.

If he is gorgeous, treats you like a Lady and a tramp ( at the appropriate times ) wink wink, is loaded, runs a porsche and a 7 metre yacht, lets you on the front of the jet ski, looks fab in speedo's and is a fantastic shag, then maybe it might be worth thinking about...maybe... ok, fair enough.... maybe not.

But as i don't know him, yeah go ahead, take a huge chance on someone you know next to nothing about. After all what have you got to lose.

Steve.

Warned you at the top.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom