luddendenturk

The Very Fat Sailor!
can i metal detect in marmaris or is it againt the law
Are you really Tony Robinson? I heard he had bought in Marmaris,

:hearnoevi

Tess

:474cu:Hi Geraldine, welcome to the Forum, hope you enjoy,!!!!

Last edited:
hi there!

i could be wrong but when i studied archaeology i was told that you are not allowed to metal detect with a view to archaeological hunting - it is deemed treasure hunting and all antiquities in turkey belong to the state. if you find anything you have to report it. there is a law like treasure trove in the uk whereby you can get rewarded for handing in artefacts but it's no way to make a fortune. i don't need to say it but don't try to take any historical goodies out of turkey either :eek:)

dksbbs

I'm sure I have seen something somewhere that you need a license prior to starting any search. But I may be wrong.

Dave

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Hi Geraldine, welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, its illegal to use a metal detector here unless you have a licence and thats not something that can be obtained easily or by just anyone :-(

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Interesting that they are currently advertising metal detectors for sale on Turkish TV. I had understood they were banned, but it seems not.
Ian

gell

i know all the rule's in the uk but didnt know about the turkish rules,but thay sell metal detectours in turkey ,so thanks to everyone for getting back to me :3:

gell

ha ha my god you are so funny:48:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Obviously written by someone who learnt English by watching The Two Ronnies.

Too valuable curious folks treasurehunting;
As stated above treasure hunting very enjoyable poetic expression, excitement and adrenaline high is a hobby. Many countries of the world not only in our country treasure hunting, the most advanced European countries where a wide range in the hundreds of millions of people involved and that, a hobby interest, a deal is a field.

Needed in our country and the world that involved with treasure hunting, as treasure hunting professionals, or do as a hobby is a table of people known in the professional field and training all levels of people treasure hunting directly or indirectly related to the connection as can be seen.

Within the framework of laws and law Treasure hunting our country and shaping the framework treasure hunting made. Within this framework can be made freely treasure hunting, treasure hunter also have certain rights in the form of the substance took place. Took place to express regret, but let's get that in many world countries, such as free and independent under the Boots treasure hunting we do. 21. Century democracy and freedoms, of human rights, most are ignored, modern, humane living needs as agreed democratic Turkey in every field, as treasure hunting unfortunately, in the European and Western countries behind in this respect in the wrong, prohibited and victimization in the last to be given legal arrangements yet could not be done.

We hope that our country is now in other countries such as treasure hunting the freedom can be done, treasure hunter of the victims are not, this home's equity, son of the country of interest to willingly contribute to the necessary archaeological work done importance of information sharing and in the museum and culture in our ministries financially spiritual values that won a very important material in the country and the important steps taken on behalf of our nation is to spend time is started.

gell

yeh lol you nearly wrote a book, but thanks all the same for all your info gell xx

Latest Posts

Top Bottom