Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Can I Buy Pate in Turkey?
Does anyone know where I can buy Pate in Turkey, I've looked in all the usual places, i.e Kipa, Migros, Dia, etc and have never seen it. We love it on crusty bread for a snack, favourites are Duck with Port, Duck with Orange. I always pack some to bring out, but if it's on sale that would be one less item of food to pack. I've thought that because the basis of most of pates' is pork is the reason that I cannot find it anywhere, or it's staring at me and I've passed it by.

Thanks in advance.

Lesley

laz

i have had pate from migros before. not like in the uk but its ok. but it is so easy to make and really much nicer than the shop bought ones its worth giving it a go. i usually use chicken livers and even dave eats it and normally back in the uk he wouldn't touch it.

let me know if you want the recipe i use but there are loads of them out there to try

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
i have had pate from migros before. not like in the uk but its ok. but it is so easy to make and really much nicer than the shop bought ones its worth giving it a go. i usually use chicken livers and even dave eats it and normally back in the uk he wouldn't touch it.

let me know if you want the recipe i use but there are loads of them out there to try

Thank you Laz, I've tried my own chicken liver pate and mushroom pate, but the duck variety is just so damn good esp the one with port, mm mmm.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Migros sometimes stock it, but it's VERY expensive.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Thanks Alan, maybe I should stick to bringing a couple of trays out then. I have just never noticed it in Migros.

hijo

in my own clique
i just made two large terrinnes of chicken liver pate..a couple of days ago ..very easy to make..plenty of recipes on google search..(got a couple of packs of chicken livers from kippa..and chicken breasts .(marrinade with chopped carrots onions ,garlic ,and herbs,(mirepoix)..soak in red wine for two days ,,strain,reduce the liquour(add later),fry all this of ,when cool put it through a mincer,some gelatine (depending how thick your mix is)..pop into the terrines.put in oven in a deepish tray ,put some water in the tray (bain marie) for about an hour .leave to cool ..then pop in the fridge overnight..had some this morning with toast..delicious,then cut to prepared portions ..and freeze:amen:

sandpearse

Bolton Born and Bred
I too am a pate lover and miss being able to buy decent ones here! Pate is my second most missed food after cheese! Cheese, pate, crusty warm bread, now that sounds like heaven :) Throw in some salt and vinegar crisps, and I would be a very happy lady! LOL

Ceni

Ceni
Ohhhh I do miss Brixworth Pate and some toast... dribbling now .

Latest Posts

Top Bottom