martyn37

can chiropodist work in turkey??
hello

i am currently married to a turkish national and i work for the NHS in the UK as a chiropodist, we are thinking of moving back to turkey,
my question is as i am married to a turkish national i understand i can work but do they have chiropodist in turkey?

any help greatfully received

martyn

alison09400

Hi Martyn.

To work legally in Turkey you have to have turkish citizenship which you can get after you've been married 3 years. Those married before 2002 could have got it as soon as they were married and chose to be a dual-national. Just being married to a turkish citizen does not give automatic rights to work.

I am not sure if you can work as a Chiropractor in Turkey....you'll have to enquire with the relative authorities. I know that Doctors, nurses etc trained in the UK cannot work in Turkey...there is a list of work you cannot do on the turkish embassy website.

ChrisBobs

Hi Martyn,
while a chiropodist would be a great boon to feet in Fethiye,; as Alison says - you may have difficulty if you try to get medical recognition, perhaps you could go in sideways as a health / beauty therapist..?
It may be worth calling the London Turkish Embassy and asking?
Let us know?
Best of luck

i think a chiropodist would do well in turkey. when my sisterinlaw was over for 8 weeks she tried to find one with no avail.

leylaasena

You need to be resident here for 3 years before you can apply for citizenship ( if you don't already have it).

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
There is a chiropodist in Fethiye under the company name of "Kangurum". She is English. She told me there are only a few in the whole of Turkey as it is not taught here.

Her new office (used to be across from Tansaş) is on the sea front across from Hello Cafe.

Ian

ChrisBobs

Don't you have to be able to speak turkish to get a citizenship?

Yes.

But the 'testing' is mainly part of a question and answer process with a panel so a conversational level has been accceptable, and I have heard of a newspaper being read , in one case.
There are not Tests as in UK/ Holland/ ...etc

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Yes.

But the 'testing' is mainly part of a question and answer process with a panel so a conversational level has been accceptable, and I have heard of a newspaper being read , in one case.
There are not Tests as in UK/ Holland/ ...etc

But if she wants to work as a medical professional one mıght assume that she will be able to converse with her customers at quite a skilled level.

Ian

Latest Posts

Top Bottom