merlin

Cameras - Nikon D70 , Canon IXUS 700
Re: My ebay sales

VWBug said:
What is the D70??

The best camera EVER made IMO

And ruthlessly expensive piece of kit over this neck of the woods but price falling rapidly in the UK :))

See Here

Merv!

VWBug

I am a Turk

thanks
I will search here see if I can come up with a good price

merlin

VWBug said:
thanks
I will search here see if I can come up with a good price

I am definitely in the market for one. There does seem to be OEM products on the market which dont include all the full kit that you get with some of the package offers. A bit confusing and can lead to dissapointment.

Mushtaq is a very good photographer and I know he will wholly recommend this model as a good all rounder.

Lee

merlin

Just as a side issue, I know he bought a cheap pocket digi camera and I was so shocked with the quality of the images. Some of the best shots he has taken and are displayed in his folder were taken with this comparitively cheap camera.

I dont remember the model or make but sure he will fill you in later. A remarkable camera from what I recall versus price.

VWBug

I am a Turk

I have also cheap fuji sometimes takes really good pictures. I checked the D70. The prices still expensive.

merlin

VWBug said:
I have also cheap fuji sometimes takes really good pictures. I checked the D70. The prices still expensive.

LOL dont tell him that I was hoping he was gonna sell it for a couple of hundred and a few of my Donny Osmond albums chucked in!

Lee

Mushtaq

Founding Member

The little camera I have is the Canon IXUS 700, goes under a different name in the USA, it's a 7 mega pixel camera, very small and easy to use.

But I do miss the manual controls sometimes as the automatic modes sometimes do not work they way I want them to.

VWBug

I am a Turk

Merv. It's too late.. Sorry.
The ebay song great. I am listening now.
Canon IXUS 700 is around couple hundred USD
I guess better deal then D70.
I should get one. How is the battery life..?

Last edited:

merlin

VWBug said:
D70.
I should get one. How is the battery life..?

If Mushtaq had let me have hold of it longer than 1/2 hour I would let you know....

Mushtaq is the expert on the D70 and knows it inside out including manual settings.

Mushtaq

Founding Member

Battery life is very good, I always buy a spare and have it ready charged anyway, and I would suggest getting a 1gig card, the prices are pretty low now days.

Another cool add-on is the metal chain, you can then put it round your neck and slip the camera in your shirt pocket, then you are always ready to snap away.

The above is for the IXUS 700

Battery life on the nikon is amazing, never let me down yet!

merlin

mushtaq said:
Another cool add-on is the metal chain, you can then put it round your neck and slip the camera in your shirt pocket, then you are always ready to snap away.

Doesnt it damage the camera body anyway?

Lee

Mushtaq

Founding Member
The chain does not damage the body, but I found the camera body is quite smooth and if you have other stuff in your pocket you can mark the body with rub marks.

Martyn

Just bought a Canon A520 for £150. Has quite a lot of features for me such as Aperture and speed priority settings etc but is also very easy set on auto for my wife to use :) . This place I buy from is very competive for all computer stuff as well. Its only about 10 miles from where i live so if you need anything picking up Merlin I'm over September 18th. :)

www.savastore.com

Mushtaq

Founding Member
dpreview is a very good site, I always check it before I buy my cameras.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom