Krissie

calling turkish mobile from uk
Hi there, just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks regarding calling a turkish mobile from a uk mobile when back in the uk? as any network seems to cost a fortune..thanks in advance. Krissie

thingthong

Krissie,
Skype allows you to phone a mobile anywhere in turkey for 13cent a minute.

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
...if you have to call mobile to mobile as i did before moving out here, then perhaps call your mobile phone network provider, explain the situation and enquire what additions they can add on to your existing tariff.

For example: i was on T-mobile in the UK, i called customer services for help as it was costing me around £300-£400 per month (and him indoors around 700 ytl).

They explained for an extra £4.99 per month i can sign up to an international tariff where it costs 1p per min for a Turkish landline and 4p per min to a Turkish mobile (previously 40p per min without tariff). I cannot remember how much texts/multimedia msgs were but def a lot lower in cost.

Hope this goes some way to help..it's going to still cost you so perhaps sign up to Skype or even videocall via MSN as it's free, laptop to laptop for sheduled chats (if of course the person you want to chat to has the facillities)..and only use mobile to mobile occassionally.

sasa x

Last edited:
hi
i use this service when i am in uk
Welcome to 18185.co.uk: UK's Leading Telephone Discounter!
i use my free minutes to call the local number and then listen to the lady
dial your turkish mobile number and press hash # she should then say 7 p a minute
you set up with a direct debit so it doesnt come on your mobile bill
i have used it for about 3 years and never had a problem

gren

If you sign up for 18185.co.uk and you can call Turkish mobiles for 6p/min from a UK landline and call Turkish landlines for 1p/min from a UK landline.

But you can do the same as this from your UK mobile using a special (London code) number which is free if you have free landline minutes on your mobile contract.
With this, I call Turkey FROM MY UK MOBILE and it costs 1p/min to Turkish landlines and 6p/minto Turkish mobiles.

Hope that helps.

...ah Fethiyeflo just beat me to it!

CKPR

Hi There,

When we are in UK we use a local code number you dial before dialing your Turkish number:
0844 550011 listen to message calls costs 5p per min.

Hi there, just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks regarding calling a turkish mobile from a uk mobile when back in the uk? as any network seems to cost a fortune..thanks in advance. Krissie

We have used niftylist for years now. We call the kids,then they ring us back,8p/min to turkish mobiles, 1p/min to turkish landlines. It changes now and again,but you dont have to register with anyone.It covers calls worldwide,so google it and take a look. Good luck ,Jeff I think its niftylist.com

Hi Krissie,not too sure if this applies to UK mobiles,these are from BT landlines,Sorry

jeanne

Best minutes have the best rates around at the moment from English landlines (may vary depending on who you subscribe to)

Turkish landline 0.5p per minute dial 0844 200 3535 Mobile 1p per minute dail 0844 861 6262

gren

Best minutes have the best rates around at the moment from English landlines (may vary depending on who you subscribe to)
Turkish landline 0.5p per minute dial 0844 200 3535 Mobile 1p per minute dail 0844 861 6262

Yes, but that is dialling from a landline innit...

dazkad

have used Call Happy from 6p per minute mobile to mobile using 0208 access number..ensure you have inclusive minutes so you dont get charged for this call as well

Latest Posts

Top Bottom