mazanaldo

Calling all musicians
Hi my name is Alan, and I now live in Altinkum, having moved out in Aug 2009.
I responded to a voices newspaper ad for musicians to form a British pub band. So far there are three of us,myself on guitar,another guitarist,and a keyboard player who also can play bass,but we desperately need a drummer,and would welcome a bass player also,and vovals would be an asset,as currently I am the main vocals in the band.The other 2 guys hail from Akbuk,and that is where we rehearse.

Any interested parties out there ?

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Calling all musicians
You better check to make sure your not breaking any Turkish laws. I believe I seen somewhere that being a musician was on the employment list that only Turks are allowed. I can't find the list now, read it years ago. If it's still on this list and your caught your could get deported.

Bob

edeller

Calling all musicians
If you ever need a Pro Sax Player, we will be out several times a year. Just got back from Gumusluk last Friday and Im booking flights out again for the end of Feb. Deans hoping he may get away with an instrument as hand luggage next time we fly out.

Not sure where you are exactly but would be happy to travel a bit.

Emma
:rockon:

Calling all musicians
Hi, a bit far away for me, I'm in Turgutreis & have most of my bass & guitar gear with me (Fender P bass etc) & my 8 track recorder & in summer me & my mate do 60's & Country at a friends bar just for the hell of it!

If anyone needs speakon, jack or other muso leads, strings etc, I can help ( I'm an about to 'retire' 60's muso & sound engineer) just give me a shout!

If anyone wants backing tracks I've got quite a few, but I'm getting to grips with the latest Band in a box software which features real tracks.

Best of lucjk mazanaldo

Gail

Calling all musicians
My husband is a percussionist but we are also in Turgutreis so too far away. Good luck

Calling all musicians
Sounds good, we are out for 5weeks in May, so keep us up to scratch how things go.

Cheers n good luck, Peter

Calling all musicians
Sounds like Turgutreis is the place to be ... also here, have 2 electric guitars (one is US Star, other a Charwell), 2 acoustics, Yamaha bass, couple of amps (one a Fender), some Boss mad pedal set-up, Roland V-drums 8-piece, Roland Juno synth, two Shure mics (one for guitar, one for vocal), Cubase and Digital Nearfield Studio speakers. And to think I only went out shopping for a harmonica. And all my cables are knackered.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Calling all musicians
Cool Neil. I too am an instrument player collector also. I have a mandolin, banjo, Peavey amp for my electric Mansfield ( copy of a telli ) This guitar is over 40 years old and in great shape. Also have a 30 year old Manfield acoustic ( Gibson Humingbird copy) I own 2 Yamaha acoustic guitars...one FG model and a LD 10E ( Hand Made ) Acoustic/Electric. I have an American made Ovation acoustic/electric and my pride and joy is a 1971 Martin D-28. I am looking at getting a new Fender telli or strat and maybe even a Gibson Les Paul...have to try them first. Can never have enough instruments....lol

Bob

Calling all musicians
Well ,This is deffinately what we need in Altinkum, but as was said earlier ,not sure if you CAN play,even for free. Forget the guys name,sorry,but he used to play in The Wiganer and had to stop. Hope things have changed ?? Someone may know better .Jeff

mazanaldo

Calling all musicians
Already played some solo gigs as an acoustic player, and know where you are coming from,the Turks want you to play but wont pay ,and the Brits will pay,albeit a small amount, but truth is, it is more a labour of love,so deportation and the taxman, are hardly going to be able to hurt me, but appreciate the words of wisdom.

Keep music live and alive-Alan Altinkum

mazanaldo

Calling all musicians
Hi Emma, thanks for positive response, Would die for a sax player,it would make such a difference to our feeble attempts at Baker street, and Brown Sugar, such great songs, but not nearly as effective as when you have a sax in the line up.We find we have to compromise our set a bit due to the average age of the retirees out in Akbuk,but hey who knows,maybe we can wean them off late 50's early 60's onto 70's & 80's and beyond.

Alan

mazanaldo

Calling all musicians
Thanks for response, understand the travel may be restrictive,particularly as the exercise is not exactly likely to make any of us multi-millionaires. If I get to Turgetruis,I will look you up, nice place ,played there 1995.

mazanaldo

Calling all musicians
Hi thanks for response understand the distance thing, maybe you should talk to Gaskell,who also responded, apparently he is a base player who lives in Turgetruis,maybe you guys can set something up in that area ,best of luck.

Alan.

ted j

Calling all musicians
Know what you mean. Try showing them this....[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgbGaYTkkPU]YouTube - Gerry Rafferty Baker Street[/ame]

mazanaldo

Calling all musicians
Thanks for post Jeff and Missus, have already played some gigs as solo gutarist, in a few pubs in Altinkum,some paid some unpaid,so know what you mean, but really the band thing is more a labour of love,as we realise that the Turks do not like to shell out cash for staff never mind a band, heaven forbid.We have a few gigs lined up , but mainly in bars in Akbuk which have strong British connections,so that makes it a tad easier.
Thanks for your response Alan

mazanaldo

Calling all musicians
Would love to Ted , but the Turks have banned U TUBE,so can't even enjoy the download you sent me ,but it's the thought that counts,ta for your support.

Alan

Latest Posts

Top Bottom