billy k

buying on apollo court 1
Hi , new to this forum.coming out in august for 3 weeks , with intention of buying on this complex .stayed in royal marina for past 4 years but 2 bedroom apartment just a little too pricey for me .so just after some information on who would be best to get in touch with or any private sales cmheers billy

martin m

buying on apollo court 1
Hi Billy,
Firstly be carefull, I don't want to pee on your party but please take extra care on who you use, check, check and treble check every person, every company, and don't pay for ANYTHING up front always hold the bulk back, you can do yourself a favour and search (using the search box) for stories of loads of members who have been duped.
However its not all doom and gloom theres loads of people who have purchased successfully and are very happy.
My recommendation would be to try realty world. Choices Real Estate, Property for sale in Turkey, Altinkum, Akbuk, Kusadasi, Bodrum, Property to buy in Altinkum, Villas in Altinkum, Apartment for sale in Altinkum, Properties in Akbuk the Altinkum branch seem to market the not so expensive properties, wether they have what you want or not I don't know, but I do endorse their (Altinkum branch) honesty/reliability, good luck.
martin

Spurs

Spurs
buying on apollo court 1
Hi , new to this forum.coming out in august for 3 weeks , with intention of buying on this complex .stayed in royal marina for past 4 years but 2 bedroom apartment just a little too pricey for me .so just after some information on who would be best to get in touch with or any private sales cmheers billy

There will be Brits on there who have properties for sale, worth looking around the complex whilst there & get the SP. I have been on that complex a few times, I like it. Could be you get one without an agent.

akbukowl

buying on apollo court 1

Stayed there many times ,as long as the Tapu and Habitation as ok ,you should be ok however this is an absolute must do not use the estate agents solicitor get your own,do not give money up front.

JOHNYH

buying on apollo court 1
I came to Apolo on an inspection trip with Sunset was put under pressure to buy, escaped for the day and bought from English couple in the original Sunset Apartments and that was that. Allways keep your options open.
Johnyh.

buying on apollo court 1
Hi , new to this forum.coming out in august for 3 weeks ======================

As someone who had experience of life on both Apollo 1 and Apollo 2 complexes I would say that the build is good on both - espec on Apollo 2. However, if it was me, I would be doing my utmost to find a UK owner who is looking to sell and with whom you can deal with direct.

The one thing I would warn you against is how some developers ensure how they keep control re managing/maintaining complexes.Condominium legislation envisages owners having control over decisions on their complex . However for some developers, it can be very profitable for them to avoid owner participation in how the complex is run and therefore their determined efforts to keep control of management and maintenance of the complex. It can be a realwild goosechase to track what money comes in and how the money is spent.

Don't jump into a deal. Be wary of the " you are my friend as well as customer " guff you will invariably hear.Do your homework very carefully,ideally buy privately and make enquiries about how your chosen complex is managed and run before committing.Take advantage of the experience that is around on this forum. Good luck .

akbukowl

buying on apollo court 1
Hi , new to this forum.coming out in august for 3 weeks ======================

As someone who had experience of life on both Apollo 1 and Apollo 2 complexes I would say that the build is good on both - espec on Apollo 2. However, if it was me, I would be doing my utmost to find a UK owner who is looking to sell and with whom you can deal with direct.

The one thing I would warn you against is how some developers ensure how they keep control re managing/maintaining complexes.Condominium legislation envisages owners having control over decisions on their complex . However for some developers, it can be very profitable for them to avoid owner participation in how the complex is run and therefore their determined efforts to keep control of management and maintenance of the complex. It can be a realwild goosechase to track what money comes in and how the money is spent.

Don't jump into a deal. Be wary of the " you are my friend as well as customer " guff you will invariably hear.Do your homework very carefully,ideally buy privately and make enquiries about how your chosen complex is managed and run before committing.Take advantage of the experience that is around on this forum. Good luck .

This is absolutely correct,we broke away from Sunset and run our own affairs,there are plenty of private sales around that you will find are much better value for money

billy k

buying on apollo court 1
Thanks very much for advice, been to altinkum for last five years but only decided this year to buy cause getting on a bit now he he .Not going to jump into anything , I have time on my side I can just look this time and buy in may .I have heard and read about so many bad things so im weary any way just need good solid advice and pointing in the right direction on many things thanks again billy

ted j

buying on apollo court 1
Also, don't forget to haggle about the price Billy
I'm willing to bet you could offer between £ 2000- £5000 less on a property and still get it (just look like you will REALLY walk away) and see what happens

billy k

buying on apollo court 1
Thanks for all the advice, been reading all the horror stories on this forum about people buying property.so what im beginning to understand is to buy on an established complex with all papers in order .buy of a british person and get a decent reliable honest lawyer is there anything else I am missing cheers billy:clap2:

7298paul

buying on apollo court 1
Hi Billy,

I've owned property on Apollo Court 1 since it was built. It is a really good complex and I am more than happy with the development. There are a number of properties for sale which are advertised by the owners and their personal direct dial contact numbers are advertised on banners over the balconies facing the pool. Tapu's were issued to owners when the complex build was completed back in 2006 and habitation certificates were issued around 2008/2009 time.

If you would like any further information please feel free to message me and I would be glad to answer any question you might have.

Kind regards,

Paul

buying on apollo court 1
Hi Billy,

I've owned property on Apollo Court 1 since it was built. It is a really good complex and I am more than happy with the development. There are a number of properties for sale which are advertised by the owners and their personal direct dial contact numbers are advertised on banners over the balconies facing the pool. Tapu's were issued to owners when the complex build was completed back in 2006 and habitation certificates were issued around 2008/2009 time.

If you would like any further information please feel free to message me and I would be glad to answer any question you might have.

Kind regards,

Paul

Who manages your site now Paul? Last time I heard, Sunset Homes had managed to get back into the management role with owners having little control over the running of the site. Has it changed or is it still the same?

the bueman

buying on apollo court 1
Hi Billy

This is an important as asked by Sybil Plessey......Who manages your site now Paul? Last time I heard, Sunset Homes had managed to get back into the management role with owners having little control over the running of the site. Has it changed or is it still the same?

My advice, get a copy of the Management Plan and read it.....look for clauses that allow the Developer to appoint the Management Company for the first 5 years and that they can continue to do so unless 4/5 of the owners decide otherwise......that means 80% of the owners must be present to change the M/P.....not proxy's but physical owners present at AGM or EGM and they all need to vote in favour......the reality is thus.....that would be almost impossible to achieve.....trust me on that.

Meanwhile they continue to manage the site and arrange all the business needs that you and your fellow owners pay handsomely for...they control the contracts and overheads for ever and a day.....nice business to be in.....your auditors will find nothing wrong with the accounts.....money in.....money out...all correct.....all the deals are done outside the site???

My advice.....find a property that is not on a complex controlled by the developer. Where the owners run and elect the BOM.

7298paul

buying on apollo court 1
Hi,

The complex is managed by Sunset Homes and the fees are £350 a year. There was an attempt for the owners to take over the running of the complex a few years ago but this failed to happen due to the initial legal set up and vote not following Turkish law. I'm not saying the management is perfect but I am very happy with the way the complex is maintained and looked after.

Spurs

Spurs
buying on apollo court 1
Hi,

The complex is managed by Sunset Homes and the fees are £350 a year. There was an attempt for the owners to take over the running of the complex a few years ago but this failed to happen due to the initial legal set up and vote not following Turkish law. I'm not saying the management is perfect but I am very happy with the way the complex is maintained and looked after.

Well that's a very honest answer.

I am familiar with Sunset Homes & even though in the past they have created issues THEY ARE a lot better looking after their built complexes than many others. Even £350 sounds very reasonable.
The brothers are a crafty bunch of sods but its a way of life in Turkey. I hope/think that maybe Sunset Homes have woke up & smelt the coffee and realised that people on their complexes pay their wages.

I would personally buy on there & as said, no agent & direct off a Brit.

the bueman

buying on apollo court 1
Hi Paul & Spurs

I suppose that is the best of bad circumstances being able to accept the terms you are saddled with.

I see Donna has posted their final court outcome on the Artev thread with a positive result for the owners....our complex is in the final stage of a court ruling akin to her site.....we can only hope for one case to influence the other is Case Law prevails in Turkey.

A positive for yourselves and other sites.....it cost a few determined owners (not everyone contributed) an amount of money.... approx one years maintenance fees each to get our case into court where we challenged the illegal clauses in our M/P that give control of the site to the developer.

We won or case.....they appealed.....basically stalling the inevitable outcome by another year......my final words.....if you are not happy with what you have then challenge it, get a court ruling and put back the control where it belongs.....in the hands of the owners who pay the site fees.

buying on apollo court 1
Hi,

I cannot comment too much on Apollo Court 1 other than to say that my understanding of what happened there is different to yours. However I can comment on the adjoining Apollo Court 2 where the same outfit continues to manage and maintain that site. My friend and others I know left that site purely because of the way it was run and managed. There were no AGM;s held. There were annual EGM's held ( in my opinion purely to get the proposed annual fee pushed through).These EGM's were convened at very short notice - indeed so short it was impossible to make arrangements to attend. Also these EGMs were held at different months from year to year which makes it very difficult to plan and make personal arrangements. Minutes of those EGMs were not distributed to owners - indeed not all owners received formal invitations to those meetings. The management structure had extremely limited owner involvement - indeed the final straw which led to one of my friends leaving was the appointment of a Sunset Homes employee/relative as the site inspector. Considering that this role is really an objective auditing and evaluating one - and I ask how impartial was that likely to be.
An additional factor which led to my friends leaving surrounded the often absent services which were being charged for in the annual fees. Instead of 24 hour security, there was often no visible security - for days on end. No income and expenditure accounting statements were ever distributed or made available to my friends - something which is all too often experienced by UK owners.

So as far as the Turkish law comment is concerned I am giving examples of where my friends saw the same law being flouted . Another interesting fact re the Apollo Court 2 management plan (as it was then in 2013) surrounded the restriction of proxy voters being confined to other owners or family relative. So whereas the appointment of a lawyer/accountant / friend is acceptable in most management plans - this was apparently not so on Apollo Court 2. From a neutral perspective, one could not be criticised for being cynical as to the reason for the inclusion of such a clause.

Wheras my friends chose to leave that complex, there are many many UK owners who are not in the least bit interested as to who manages a complex. As long as the sun shines and the bar is open that seems to be the primary focus for very many. They dont care too much if their rights are being ignored but if it is important then my advice to Billy would be make sure you are fully informed before making a final decision. The choice is plenty and believe me there are enough sites which are complying exactly with the law and in the spiirt of the law. Developers want to retain control of sites they have built for one specific reason- keeping control ensures a very profitable business route and maintains a very nice family lifestyle. If it was me I would prefer that profit being part and parcel of investing in the complex - only owners being in control of their own site will ensure that.

7298paul

buying on apollo court 1
Hi Sybil,

Having attended the owners meetings in both the UK and Turkey when the residents take over of the committee was happening, I am confident that my full understanding and factual knowledge of the situation is correct. If however, in the unlikely event that I do happen to be wrong and your "understanding" is correct, I do apologise.

You are correct in saying, there are a many complexes and hundreds of properties for Billy to choose from and I would advise that he takes the time to look at as many options as possible before committing to anything.

Getting back to Billy's original post. Billy, I will send you the contact details via PM of some of the owners who are selling and you can contact them direct.

All the best with your search and I hope you will find this site very useful just as I have done for many years.

Kind regards,

Paul

Last edited:

akbukowl

buying on apollo court 1
Hi Sybil,

Having attended the owners meetings in both the UK and Turkey when the residents take over of the committee was happening, I am confident that my full understanding and factual knowledge of the situation is correct. If however, in the unlikely event that I do happen to be wrong and your "understanding" is correct, I do apologise.

You are correct in saying, there are a many complexes and hundreds of properties for Billy to choose from and I would advise that he takes the time to look at as many options as possible before committing to anything.

Getting back to Billy's original post. Billy, I will send you the contact details via PM of some of the owners who are selling and you can contact them direct.

All the best with your search and I hope you will find this site very useful just as I have done for many years.

Kind regards,

Paul

I don't understand when you say the committee was not set up in accordance with Turkish law ,could explain

Latest Posts

Top Bottom