Jacko

Buying "Off Plan"
Hello
This is our first posting on the forum.

First we should explain that we are looking into making our first property purchase abroad and have chosen Turkey. We are very tempeted in buying off plan because of the obvious potential for financial gain. We would very much like to hear from anyone who has experience of doing this - good or bad. Any advice on potential pitfalls and how to make the right choice of developer would be of particular interest.

Pete & Zoe

Sylvia

Buying "Off Plan"
Hi Pete and Zoe welcome
where are you thinking of buying off plan, our duplex was almost finished when we purchased last May, but there must be quite a lot of memebers who will able to anwser your questions for you.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Buying "Off Plan"
We bought off plan and were very pleased with the result. The apt block was just a shell when we viewed it but the estate agent took us to another block which the builder had completed so we could see the quality of the building. We were also able to choose room colours, bathroom tiles, kitchen unit colour, internal door type,and even had the opportunity to ask the builder to place our wall sockets at uk height rather than 6 feet up the wall :D

Yep, we are more than happy with our off plan buy [:p]

Anne

Buying "Off Plan"
Hiya
We bought of plan in Calis last year.
We paid the deposit in February just as the foundations were laid. Finish date should have been end of May.
Building work was 4 months over schedule but wasn't too big a problem for us. We just holidayed elsewhere in the resort and kept a close eye on the finishing.
Our agents kept us well informed at all stages with regualr photos and emails etc.
We had a great fortnight in October and are just back after spending a week there.
We spoke again to our agents who've told us they could sell it now for 17k more than we paid. Not bad considering we only paid the balance in August.
Seems the way to go is get in early as possible and sell as soon as possible after the builder has sold the last one if it's a fast buck your after.
I'm trying to talk hubby into selling ours at the moment so we can buy something bigger and better. I'd be happy to do this for 5 or 6 years until we can finally go over for good thus hopefully ending up with a nice big villa with a bit of ground and all for our original investment!
Depends on what your after really
Anne

Barbie Doll

Buying "Off Plan"
Anne
I agree with you Anne my thoughts are along these roads also, working on my partner that is the block, he has not got a business head like me, ours has almost doubled in price since we put our deposit down 2 years ago but because of problems we have yet to have a holiday in it, furniture is in etc but first stay for me is May then the two of us June.

Glad to hear you had a nice time a few weeks ago, when will your place be ready now [?]

Barbara

cancun

Buying "Off Plan"
Hey Pete and Zoe,me and my husband are in the pocess of doing this at the moment. He arived in Altinkum this morning to go and view and buy a property. If you listen to the advice given to you on this forum you won't go far wrong. Ask loads of questions as these guys are brill and someone will always know the answer. In the paper yesterday it said about Turkey is a brill investment for the future. We looked at buying in Spain but the prices there are so high now and you get calue for money in Turkey. These guys in this forum will set your mind to rest as you will see they are all friendly and been in the same position you are in. Wish you both all the luck and i'll let you know how we get on. Ps research everything before taking this step!!
Carol

Jacko

Buying "Off Plan"
Sounds good. We like the sound of Altinkum as it seems there is plenty of potential for further development which we suppose can only be good for property prices in the area. Our aim is as anne says "to make a quick buck" and end up with property of our own and some profit. Can't wait to get out there and have a look around. We would be interested to hear what people think about taking an inspection trip - is it best to organise our own and view several developers or choose one and take up their offer to pay for your trip? How do you tell a good developer from a bad one?

Pete & Zoe

Buying "Off Plan"
customer recommendation i guess if you buy through us we will reimburse the cost of airfare and accomodation , u can always do it under your own steam , when are you going out?

cancun

Buying "Off Plan"
Hey Eileen where are yous staying...Galvin is going to view Prestige apartments today and then to sunset homes to see speedys missus!!

Buying "Off Plan"
carole my wife is not out till next week but eileens husband nazim owns sunset homes just tell him to mention yvonne and paul

cancun

Buying "Off Plan"
As regards whetherto go on inspection trip it isn't to bad if you do this as there isn't the same pressure as with buying from other companies, basically if you don't buy from the people you go with then you just pay the transfers and the accomodation, which is fair enough. Transfers are roughly 40-60 pound each way depending on which airport you use and there is a hotel on one of the threads ask Mushtaq for 8-12 pound per night as well so if you doing decide to do it yourself you can. But beware as they're are conman out there. Make sure you do the ground work first and take a look around before you decide also find out what the estate agents charge for setting up the sale.. most estate agents have the same properties as its not like here they can all sell the same place..But on the up side you will most definitely find yourself in profit and bag yourself a bargain!! Properties tend to automatically increase in price once holiday season starts too so if your cgoing go in an out of season time to get a better price. aslo ask what cash price will be as it ewill be cheaper

cancun

Buying "Off Plan"
I haven't bought yet but after reading the forum daily and talking to various people i know that if you pay cash price you can get a discount..even at that the prices are really good value for money...I learnt everything i know from the "great almighty forum kings and queens";)

cancun

Buying "Off Plan"
By the way what does lol stand for i'm lost!! Paul what do you think would be best to rent Altinkum or Akbuk!!Saw some lovely villas on websites of villas in Akbuk and one or two in Altinkum, that much to choose from i can't decide!!!
I had always thught thati would buy brand new and not built but when you compare to resale then it would seem better to buy resale for value for money..i know thatit is eventually up to me to decide but could you point me in a direction of a good location re altinkum for close to faclities but you still get good nights sleep and its a safe area to wander about in by myself!!!You'd actually think that i've been to Turkey but i've never been in my life!!!

Martyn

Buying "Off Plan"
To put your mind at ease Cancun. My wife and I holidayed for the 1st time in turkey last September. We arrived in Altinkum at about 4am to my friends apartment in a residential area about 10 minutes walk from Dolphin Square. We wondered what we had let ourselves in for, the side streets were dusty and dark and there was no life around at all. The next day we were out and walking to the beach area still a bit wary. Within a day we were completely relaxed as the area is totally crime free and the people the most welcoming i have ever met. Within another day I was in an estate agents buying a property, something I didn't go out there for.

Rest at ease because you have made a wise choice.

BTW lol=laugh out loud

Martyn:)

Buying "Off Plan"
Joe is stayin at the Marla,ithink he has appts booked tues wed thurs and fri.What villas were you lookin at in Akbuk,i fancy there but Joe is worried it may be too quiet.

eileen

cancun

Buying "Off Plan"
I think that they are called the Ocean Villas and White city!! Also a complex with 260 vllias on complex.. i just picked them out of web pages..sunset homes or cresent homes one of them anyway!!!Isn't awful that we don't get to go too and have to stay at home whilst they get to travel to turkey and see it all at first hand...i'm sooo jealous but it'll be great to think that in a few months time i can while away the hours and hubby can be back here working to pay for it!![}:)]

cancun

Buying "Off Plan"
BTW paul i've sent a text to irishblue to get him to name drop in Sunset homes i hope this means a discount and not an increase lol:D

Latest Posts

Top Bottom