Sara-666

buying in Bagla/Yahsi
Hi there, I don't know if anyone can help us, we've found a house in Yahsi that we would like to buy (we already have one in Ortakent from a couple of years ago) but we've been told that we can't buy there as foreigners, we know the law is changing fast but the house prices are going up equally fast and by the time we can buy there in our own names we won't be able to afford to!! I've been reading some of your posts and I believe there is a way of setting up a company and buying it in the name of that company, but HOW/???
We bought the house in Ortakent in September 2002, but as the complex is not finished (it's a co-op) we don't have to apply for Tapu yet so we've had no experience of buying anywhere else.

We're going out in June so any help before then would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks also to the people who posted info about shopping for furnishings, our other house is still a concrete block at the minute but in my mind it's been decorated for the last two years, at least now I have some idea of where i'm getting things from!

Thanks for any help you can give me

[8D]
Sara

buying in Bagla/Yahsi
sara , Gail one of the mods here has bought in turgetreis, and there she couln't buy in here own name but has it in a turkish friends name and have a contract between themeselves, she is out there at the moment but should be back shortly, she may be able to help, been passed ortakent but not stayed there, stayed in yalikavak a few years ago and noticed a big change there

Mag

buying in Bagla/Yahsi
Hi Sara,

We are also buying in Turgutreis, and are travelling out on Saturday, to finalise. Our estate agent advised us to set up a company in order to obtain the title deed. We are giving power of attorney to the company accountant to do this for us. You only need 2 sharholders ( myself and my husband), and we have been told to supply a copy of our passports and a passport photo, they will do the rest. It costs about £1,100 to do this and apparently takes no longer than 5 working days to set up. As soon as this is done, we will buy the apartment in the company name, and have been told that the Tapu will be issued straight away. After that, you have to get a set of company accounts drawn up every year, which costs approx £450.

I hope that this is of some help to you.

Regards
Mag

ragbob

buying in Bagla/Yahsi
Hi

Does this apply to only Turgutreis or other areas in Bodrum?

We're going out in 3 days to view properties and this is the 1st time I've heard this mentioned.

Mag

buying in Bagla/Yahsi
A lot of Bodrum is freehold, there are just certain areas that have,nt yet been granted military permission, but this is changing all the time. We have been told that because we are quite close to Kos, permission has'nt been granted for this area yet.

Mag

birder

buying in Bagla/Yahsi
as I understand it, if you are buying a property from which you can see AND SPY on the Greek island of Kos then the military will not give you permission to buy unless you buy through a "Turkish company". Anywhere else in Turgetries and Bitez you can buy without any problems.

malcolm

Gail

buying in Bagla/Yahsi
Sara, I didn't type a thing and all the info was there [:p] You can also get 99 year leases and get the house in a Turkish person's name with a clause on the tapu that they can't sell the house without your permission and that if that person dies the property won't go to his family as all the original conditions still apply, that is what we have done then when the law changes and it will eventually we will buy the house off our Turkish friend. It's a bit complicated but the soicitors are well up to speed on it so there's no worries :D

Gail:)

Sara-666

buying in Bagla/Yahsi
Thanks everyone for the tips, we'd heard such horror stories of people buying in someone else's name. If anyone can recommend the name of a good local solicitor it would be handy, we're hoping to buy somewhere else before September this year. We'll be going out in June to have a scout around, the prices have shot up, even over the winter which we've never seen before. We're hoping to be out there permanentely by this time next year so we really need to sort something out soon (our house out there at the minute is a concrete block still). I think the company idea sounds the best, the laws must change soon, surely, we've been waiting for 6 years to buy in Yahsi, this way we can do it this year and just wait until they get around to letting us buy legally in our own names. What's Turgetreis like, we've only been to the market there, seems quite busy???
Thanks again for the info
[8D]

Gail

buying in Bagla/Yahsi
Turgutreis is lovely, we have just got back and we had a wonderful time. The town is so well established, they have got a council dog home, the Mayor has put on free Turkish lessons, the Marina is fab, there is the most beautiful park on the way out of Turgutreis to Ackyalar with a wonderful restaurant in it overlooking the sea, a big school etc etc. We love it there but we also love Yalikavak as well :) Go and have a look but not on market day[:0], we went to Yahsi this time to have a look, there is a lot of building going on, it will be lovely when it's all finished, the views are fabulous there.

Gail:)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom