Buying in Akbuk
Hi everyone,
i have just discovered this forum and boy do i need it!!!!
i am about to go to Akbuk shortly on a viewing trip. I am very interested in a new apartment block, named Turquouse Court.
The estate agents are A.D.H i Altinkum. Has anyone had any dealings with them or who are the developers/builders involved in this project.
All information would be gratefully received. thanks

Buying in Akbuk
hi maggie,
i have checked out all the listings for this apartment but none of them state the address. so it is virtually impossible to find it on google maps. but thanks anyway. i do know it is on a hill overlooking the sea.
sorry to hear about your cat. as a cat lover myself, i know how devestating it is to loose a beloved pet.
mary.

Buying in Akbuk
In answer to your question about ADH ( Altinkum Dream Homes ). You sure have picked the right agents as there are none better. Edna and Mahir are the two nicest, totally honest and helpful people you are ever likely to meet.

They are thoroughly professional in everything they do and once a sale has been procured, their after sales service is like the first transaction, second to none. You will find that everything is done for you using their expertise and will explain evereything to you in a crystal clear way so that you know exactly what to do and when to do it.

They will assist you every step of the way including helping you to open a Turkish bank account, visiting the tax office and the solicitors together with dealing on your behalf withyour developer.

They will take you shopping for furniture and everything else thats needed and always provide you with a turkish speaking guide to help you in your purchases. I can not commend them too highly as anything I say really does not do them true justice.

They quickly became so much more than agents to me, they have become real great friends since I made my purchase through them which is something you too will find happening as that is part of their business and more importnatly personal ethos.

You have made an extremely wise choice in your agents, good luck to you and good hunting.

Buying in Akbuk
Hi Brokenbrains,
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. i will definitely take all you have said on board. i have spoken by phone with Edna, and yes she sounds really nice and genuine. as you can imagine as a first-time buyer in a foreign country i have to be cagey. personal recommendations are always the best. i am waitung to hear from Edna to arrange a viewing trip. the apartment i am interested in is in the Turquouse Court developement. do you know where exactly in Akbuk this is? i cant seem to find it antwhere.
many thanks and kindest regards.

Buying in Akbuk
There are two developments that spring to mind one is as described previously beside Tansas which if it is this one, looks to be a nice development however, there is also a development further along the road nearer to Akbuk which for some reason also sticks in my memory Not my greatest asset !!!!

In any event, the Akbuk area is more or less unspoilt and extremely nice all round with all the facilities you require for a private quiet retreat. As my 17 years old daughter put it, its really great for farties but there is nothing for teenagers to do. Ahh no teenagers or kids, pure bliss.

If an apartment complex is what you are looking for ask Edna and Mahir to show you the new development up the hill beside Tansas, its called UFUK Hillside ( No that name is not a joke its pronounced oofook !!! ). Thats where I bought and now that things are settling down, its becoming a really good purchase.

Best wishes

Steve

nwclio

Buying in Akbuk
Or a burnt out clutch? Dont be fooled by what they say on the website, 10 min here 10 min there..If its where it looks to be it may take you 10 min to walk down to the beach and an hour to walk back if you can make it!
Why not look at property closer to Akbuk center?

Buying in Akbuk
Take your time and dont be overawed by views,which may be great from half way up a mountain.
Look beyond the view and consider access to areas if you are using it as a holiday home.
You dont want to spend most of your holiday sat on a balcony because the trek up the hill puts you off going out.

Buying in Akbuk
Brokenbrains...

Do you have your Tapu yet?
Hi Juco,

Yes I obtained my TAPU in September this year. All that remains to be sorted now is the habitation certificate element in order that I may get the TAPU's KAT MULKIYETI box crossed.

Last edited:
Buying in Akbuk
Hello Culturevulture,
My wife and I were in Akbuk during the October school holidays and were looked after by Edna and Mahir from ADH. We can only agree with the comments of Brokenbrains, their hospitality and attention are second to none. You will find them very friendly and their staff very courteous and professional. They are not intrusive or pushy.
We initially went to look at Ufuk Hillside but found the climb a bit too daunting. We have bought an apartment on Olve Gardens. We had a look at the Turquoise Court complex and were very impressed. They are in a slightly elevated position and the views are great. The build quality looks high too.
It was a close call between the two, however, because Olive Gardens is at the finishing touches stage we were sold on it. I'm still a bit tempted with one of the smaller apartments on TC which at £30,000 has huge investment potential.
Happy hunting.

Johnjo

Buying in Akbuk
Take your time and dont be overawed by views,which may be great from half way up a mountain.
Look beyond the view and consider access to areas if you are using it as a holiday home.
You dont want to spend most of your holiday sat on a balcony because the trek up the hill puts you off going out.

I disagree, amongst other things the stunning views are probably the most important thing Akbuk has to offer and contrary to carols beliefs you dont need to be halfway up the mountain to have these, the further towards the front/centre you are the more the view is lost, if as carol suggest "you look beyond the view" you may as well pay less and be in altinkum?? people pay for the view and that generally means the further back you have to go! the view is everything, from where I am the walk is 15 minutes down and 22 back up so the contrast isnt huge. of course this depends on whether you have a disability or not in which case you may want to be closer to the front.
hope this helps
John

guinevere

Buying in Akbuk
our villas have fantastic views with only a short steep bit of hill ,and i have a partial disability and can manage it .however,when it gets hot ,very hot ,the last thing i can be bothered to do is climb it ! then i wish i had bought on flat ground .i would look around abit more if i was you .

manc02

Buying in Akbuk
From personal experience I would prefer the flat parts of Akbuk anyday ! Who wants to be walking up and down hills everday/night to go out for meals or visit shops/market/beach etc etc .....The view might be good but how much of your time are you just going to be sitting admiring the view, convenience is King !

Buying in Akbuk
In answer to your question about ADH ( Altinkum Dream Homes ). You sure have picked the right agents as there are none better. Edna and Mahir are the two nicest, totally honest and helpful people you are ever likely to meet.

They are thoroughly professional in everything they do and once a sale has been procured, their after sales service is like the first transaction, second to none. You will find that everything is done for you using their expertise and will explain evereything to you in a crystal clear way so that you know exactly what to do and when to do it.

They will assist you every step of the way including helping you to open a Turkish bank account, visiting the tax office and the solicitors together with dealing on your behalf withyour developer.

They will take you shopping for furniture and everything else thats needed and always provide you with a turkish speaking guide to help you in your purchases. I can not commend them too highly as anything I say really does not do them true justice.

They quickly became so much more than agents to me, they have become real great friends since I made my purchase through them which is something you too will find happening as that is part of their business and more importnatly personal ethos.

You have made an extremely wise choice in your agents, good luck to you and good hunting.

Hi BROKENBRAINS,
just back last week and purchased in Didim. really delighted.
everything you said about ADH was spot on. Edna and Mahir could not have done enough for us. they were absolutely brilliant. i dont think i could add anything more to your post, as it says it all. i would definitely recommend them to any prospective buyer.
thank you for your help.

Buying in Akbuk
Hello Culture Vulture and HarrynJulia, I am pleased you both got yourselves somewhere nice and hope you enjoy your time in the sun.

I am pleased that I could be of assistance to you both.

Take care and best wishes to you

Steve

Buying in Akbuk
Hello Steve,
We'll have to have a pint sometime and practice some Geordie Turkish! A few ales may well help with the pronunciation. We have become totally smitten with everything Turkish and cannot wait to get out there again. Your advice has been very reassuring particularly when there is so much negativity throughout the forums. I guess that a lot of people have had poor experiences and the forum does tend to be a magnet for some of this.
I have had the same experience with Edna and Mahir as you; they are very good at what they do and well understand the anxieties of prospective 'foreign' buyers. We were fortunate to meet Stuart and Sue who have a property close to ours and have no reservations about buying in Turkey and have shown us their Tapu. Also customers of ADH.
I can only thank you again for your help and but for our dodgy knees would have been neighbours on the Hillside.
We're out for Easter. May hols, 3 weeks in July/Aug and October - so far- who knows may see you out there.
Hoskacalin,
Harrynjulia

Last edited:

Martyn

Buying in Akbuk
You'll have to excuse the bad posts as a lot of people have found their way to these forums through problems with buying. We know the majority of sales are good but the buying infrastructure does leave open the possibility of problems.

Johnjo

Buying in Akbuk
From personal experience I would prefer the flat parts of Akbuk anyday ! Who wants to be walking up and down hills everday/night to go out for meals or visit shops/market/beach etc etc .....The view might be good but how much of your time are you just going to be sitting admiring the view, convenience is King !

Each to their own :)

christella

Buying in Akbuk
we bought a villa and a penthouse at olive gardens from My Turkish Homes we have the tapu and the HC strongly recommend

Latest Posts

Top Bottom