moortenerife

moortenerife
buying furniture-urgent help
hi everyone, i am going to side tomorrow to buy furniture, curtains etc. i previously asked advice about the best places to buy furniture, i believe the furniture shops recommended were in manavgat, nr migros if i remember rightly or just over the bridge on the left hand side. can anyone help me with the best places. i need to buy beds, tv, wardrobes, table/chairs, settees, and patio furniture, and curtains, also where is the nearest tesco type store, and also the one thats B&Q. if there is any other shops you might think may be of help to me i would be very grateful, also if anyone has any idea of up to date prices. does anyone know if the ban on taking liquids back through antalya airport has been lifted yet. i will be leaving for the airport in the morning, so if anyone can help with any of the above i look forward to hearing your replies. by the way i havent forgot about looking for sma gold in migros, and will reply to that thread on my return.

canuck

some cut and pastes from another thread....

(one quote)
"Sorry to butt-in but I bought my furniture in a shop called Ozankra on the road just before you get into Manavgat [just before Migros on the left hand side], they also have a soft furishing shop. There is no haggling here and the son [Mehmet I think] speaks excellent English. There are lots of others shops in this road which I admit look rough from the outside but we had no problems and they delivered the same day."

(another quote)
"There are quite a few furniture shops on the road just as you go into Manavgat. Most of our furniture came from Ufuk (yes it is the real name!) and another shop which is just a couple of shops down from Ufuk. We did spend a week looking, and even spent a day in Serik, before making our minds up. We love haggling, and speak very little Turkish (at the moment) but do feel we got the best deal we could. We furnished the whole 4 bedroomed apartment for just over £3,000. This included beds, wardrobes, all the light fittings (another large lighting shop in Manavgat), living room furniture (2x3 seaters and 2 chairs), dining table and chairs, TV, curtains, etc. We also bought 2 new mountain bikes for around £100 from the Yamaha shop! I hope this helps."

Last edited:

canuck

I hope no one minds that I 'cut' out the conversation, I would hate to infringe on copyright laws :)

I would really appreciate an update on your furniture buying trip when you get back as I'll be heading out there beginning of July......

Thanks

moortenerife

moortenerife
hi canuck.

well our furniture trip went ok. we bought all of the furniture from ozankara, as well as the curtains. the tv we bought from migros. this is what we bought and prices we paid. please bear in mind we didn't buy the cheapest, but we bought good quality furniture at reasonable prices.

lounge

2 x leather settees. (these are excellent quality). 1600 tl
tv unit, good quality wood. 325 tl
large coffee table to match tv unit, very heavy wood. 280 tl
large shag pile rug. a lot cheaper, and better than the uk. 150 tl

dining room

glass dining table, 4 leather chairs. really lovely, looks expensive. 750 tl

bedrooms

2 x double beds. (we did think these were quite expensive, no headboards) 550 tl each.
1 x double bed, 4 door wardrobe with sliding mirror doors, dressing table, bedside cabinets. 1550 tl.
1 x 3 door wardrobe, sliding mirror doors, dressing table, 2 x bedside cabinets. 480 tl.

tv

32" lcd tv. bought in migros . 699 tl

curtains

we bought all the curtains (sun curtain/nets) for 8 windows, all of them patio door size, for 1060 tl fitted. we did have a problem with these as when they were fitted all of them apart from one was too short, so they had to be re-done. however they did them straight away, and they look fine now.

when we bought our other apartment we got a furniture package that cost £3500, we were quoted £4000 for this one, however we would not have had the choice or quality of furniture that we have bought. we think that we have probably saved at least £1000 if not more.

we also bought patio table and chairs and other bits n pieces. although all bedding, towels etc were taken out with us. we are also taking out a microwave, toaster, steamer, saucepans, and a few other things on our next visit.

hope this helps you, good luck with your trip.

Philogic

Yes, Ozankara has now been sold on, Don't know if its as good as it was.
Quade, where is Mr Furniture?

canuck

sorry to re-hash this old thread, but I will be heading out to Side next weekend to do the walkthru of the new apt and buy all the larger furnishings. Any recommendations on furniture places within the manavgat area? also drapery shops?
I have heard that textile goods are relatively expensive in Manavgat, do most people carry these in from their home country? (towels, bedding etc). I'm coming from canada, so its a long way to hand carry in kitchen crockery....any suggestions on these types of items?

thanks in advance for your sage advice!

Els

Pleased to see you have managed to buy an apartment Canuck. Wish you lots of happiness there.
For furniture look at Merinos. Four floors of mid price modern furniture. It is on the main Antalya-Alanya road, on the Manavgat side of the road, just near the main crossing to Side.
For crockery, cutlery and even sheets and towels etc. have a look in Sali Pazari. It is on the right hand side of the main street into Manavgat coming from Side. It's a real treasure trove of a shop.
Have fun!

Philogic

There are lots of shops on the road from Side into Manavgat, they sell all kinds of household stuff. I had some cupboards made to measure in one [cannot remember the name] which was delivered the next day.There is a shop in the middle of Manavgat main street, before the bridge which sells nearly everything, I bought an electric kettle there for 15 Lira, it still works. Take a look around the back streets of Manavgat, loads of secondhand furniture shops and shops selling anything you can think of!

louise17

Sali pazar sells loads of things, towels, kitchen ware etc the only thing I would say is examine everything first for snags, chips etc! There are lots of furniture shops on the main road going from Side to Manavgat to browse & shop. I got some lovely curtains & rugs from a drapery shop across from Tansas in Manavgat, massive choice, came home with usn the same day to measure up & delivered & hung them about 2 days later. Massive choice, they also did bedding there. Good luck, have fun shopping & haggling.

moortenerife

moortenerife
if your looking for wardrobes, bedside cabinets, dressing tables and book shelves etc its worth looking in koctas (our b&q) we thought we had got a bargain in manavgat but they were much better quality and much cheaper in koctas. also look for tv, dvd player etc in migros they have some bargains from time to time. Good luck with your shopping trip and enjoy your new home!

Efesake

It's still a profound mystery to me how the average Turkish family in the area manages to furnish their home with such high prices:animation

Hi all

All the Agora owners must be travelling to Turkey in the next few weeks! All this information is really helpful. We to are travelling to complete the snagging list and also furnish the apartment. All advice gratefully received. What a brilliant forum. We were also told about the turkish equivalant of Tesco (can't remember the name) in Antalya. Appartently super for small electric goods, TVs etc. Any Agora owners please feel free to share any experiences etc.

Me-ga Çağdaş mobilya is the biggest furniture and home goods shop in Manavgat. Manavgat Haberi Mega Ça?da?

And if you want used furniture or anything usefull from hotels you can look junkman in sanayi sitesi. I suggest you curtains from junkman most of them never used and packed from hotels you must choose. Choose and use

Here is the map of junkman:
Yandex.Haritalar

and Me-ga Çağdaş mobilya is on near the vegetable terminal, courthouse road.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom