edeller

Buying costs
Just made an offer on a resale property.

Looking again at the agents projected costs, wanted to run it passed you all....

Agreed purchase price of property PLUS

Agency fee 3%
Solicitor £1180 (seems a bit steep to me?)
Hypotek 1.2% plus 135TL
Military check £1113
Power of Attorney & translation costs £249
Misc costs and charges £200 (going to ask about this one!)
Title deeds tax 3.3% plus 135 TL

Been reading everywhere to employ your own independent lawyer, did anyone use the Agents Lawyer and is this ever a good idea?

The Agent in question is run by mainly British, English speaking employees.

Grateful for any advice.
Emma

bebs

Buying costs
Think they are pulling figures out of the air, solicitors fee way too much ..........Bebs

Guz1

Buying costs
Why are the prices quoted in GB£? Surely if your contract of sale is notarised it will be written in Turkish and the prices will be in TL? It is not a good idea to use the agent's lawyer.

Have you seen the Tapu and Habitation Certificate? Have you checked that the property matches the Habitation Certificate e.g. if the property has more than one bathroom, does the number of bathrooms in the property match the no. on the Certificate? Have you checked that there are no outstanding debts on the property, including utility bills and taxes? If there are, your Ipotek will take second place to those debts.

edeller

Buying costs
Dont know re the currency, guess it makes more sense in GBP to me??

If I have an offer accepted in principle will obviously check out all the things you mention before signing anything or handing over any money. Got a HUGE list for my next trip!
Emma

Last edited by a moderator:

Summertime

Golden Girls
Buying costs
Emma I dont know abobut Gumbet, but I am sure member of this Forum know the area. If you decice to buy in Didim/Altinkum you can go the the owner of this Forum, Crescent Homes.

edeller

Buying costs
The agent might be in Gumbet but the apartment I offered on was in Gumusluk.

Switching to plan B.
Emma

Guz1

Buying costs
Dont know re the currency, guess it makes more sense in GBP to me??

If I have an offer accepted in principle will obviously check out all the things you mention before signing anything or handing over any money. Got a HUGE list for my next trip!
Emma

Suggest you get out your calculator now and start getting used to the different currency. You can't depend on the agent using an exchange rate favourable to you.

Buying costs
God, things must have gone up a hell of a lot...
We didn't pay no were near those costs 5 years ago.; or is that just inflation?

Mel.

seabro

Buying costs
I bought about 4 years ago and paid €1000 for the solicitor which I got independantly for peace of mind. Don't remember paying any other substantial costs for anything else. I know we had a military check but I don't remember paying anything substantial for it.

Cheers
Sean

LyndaW

Buying costs
İ bought five and half years ago. House was 40,000 pounds and the total i paid out was 1,800 pound....i did not use a solicitor.

Lynda

edeller

Buying costs
Suggest you get out your calculator now and start getting used to the different currency. You can't depend on the agent using an exchange rate favourable to you.

Apparently the vendor wants paying in GBP....
Emma

Saoirse

Buying costs
edeller

sod turkey

Have my house here in Belfast

18mths ago-290k, now 200k yours for special price 190k and no Tapu problems!

Saoirse

Buying costs
this is West Belfast

we wouldnt have it any other way!

Tipp, eh. Would even do a house swap you are in gorgeous part of the world

edeller

Buying costs
this is West Belfast

we wouldnt have it any other way!

Tipp, eh. Would even do a house swap you are in gorgeous part of the world

I dont live in Tipp anymore, I left the convent in a puff of smoke when I was about 9. Mums folks are still there aging away. I go over twice a year.

Emma

Latest Posts

Top Bottom