Question for you

peter1265

buying a quad bike around Kalkan
Morning everyone,
my wife and I are retiring to Kalkan in November and are looking to buy a quad to potter around on as there are several hills to contend with.
Has anyone got any contact details of dealers or any idea of prices locally.
I do have experience of quads so am aware of how they handle etc and we will hire a car when we want to go any further than the village.
Is there anyone who actually has one and can they give me an idea of running costs (servicing fuel etc)

kind regards pete

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Hi

We have some motoring related threads that might be of interest.

This one specifically......

But there are others in this section......

peter1265

Ibrahim thank you very much for that link.
I have tried that site myself several times but haven't been able to log in, but your link has allowed me in and the site is great.

many thanks

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Ibrahim thank you very much for that link.
I have tried that site myself several times but haven't been able to log in, but your link has allowed me in and the site is great.

many thanks
Let us know how you get on, I may be looking for one myself next year.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Let us know how you get on, I may be looking for one myself next year.
Are they taxed as four wheel drive cars? Something I thought I heard years ago about that because that made me think twice.

There's a chap in Kalkan called David Smyth who drives one around, maybe worth contacting him. I believe he's on Friends of Kalkan Facebook page but I don't use it so can't help with a link.

peter1265

Hi Just to update everyone I have spoken to several people whilst i was out in Kalkan and have had good and bad feedback.
I was told that the quality of some of the quads imported are not really that good but if you spend a bit more you can get some very decent types. the servicing is a bit hit and miss and I will need to do a bit more research.
I was told that they are classed as farm vehicles so tax and insurance is a lot cheaper, again I will research this a bit more.
For anyone considering a quad my advice would certainly be to consider how far you intend to travel on it.
I drove a car whilst out there a couple of weeks ago and in Kalkan I would feel fine but Antalya is a different level.
Whilst Turkish driving is a bit more hectic than what I am used to I wouldn't say it was any different than going round London.
there are however different rules on the roads that perhaps don't make sense to us but you need to be aware of these as they will catch you out.
I just found the best way was to slow down and take it easy. Most people aren't rushing around to much anyway.
We have bought our property now so will be returning to live there permanently at the end of November.
For me I still this I will buy a quad and then hire a car for longer journeys.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom