keny

buying a fridgefreezer
Hi All,
At the moment we have a Beko frostfree fridge.We have used it for about one year in the 3 years we have had it.The guarantee ran out on the
6th June.Two days later problems started and we are going to need a new fridgeWe bought this at a local shop.Is it worth shopping around in wharehouses in Izmir/Soke or others to get a bargain?Or, is it not worth the effor?Has anyone bought recently and found a good outlet that is cost effctive?Thanks if you can help. Keny.

MUGGY ONE

buying a fridgefreezer
Re: buying a fridgefrezer

Hi

We bought one a couple of weeks ago in Altinkum, an Indesit frost free and paid 900tl, they had the same one in Kipa in Bodrum for 750tl, but they don't deliver far without charging. In fact everything in Kipa seems cheaper.

Caroline

buying a fridgefreezer

Also bought a Beko frost free fridge freezer last may (13 months) ago, paid 750 ytl used it for 2 weeks, then returned to uk, came back in august with my family including twin grandsons 3 yrs old.
Guess what! Freezer section was fine but fridge was useless.
Yes i know it was under guarantee, but the guarantee was as much use as a chocolate teapot in a heatwave, when we needed cold NOW!
So into Marmaris & another new one, but this time imported Japanese.

At least the delivery guys were happy taking away (free) their Beko with guarantee :)

Harem

I've cliqued
buying a fridgefreezer

I can only say that you must have been very unlucky with your Beko fridge/freezers. We bought one when we moved over almost 5 years ago and it is still going strong!! (OK we have had to have new seals put around the doors, but that is all and it is used all the time)

dalyansteve

buying a fridgefreezer

One of the main problems with fridges is they are designed to be used constantly, what has probably happened is the compressor has siezed or the refrigerant has leaked, I don't understand why you want to buy a new one, it will probably only cost 50 lira to fix.

keny

buying a fridgefreezer

Dalayansteve,
Thank you for your interesting comments.Would you suggest that I go to the Archlik service centre to have it fixed?Obviously I was given duff information from a turk looking to sell me a new fridge.If you know anymore about the possible problems can you possibly explain how Can I try not to get ripped off by the unscrupulous repair shops?Thank again if you can help. Keny.

buying a fridgefreezer

One of the main problems with fridges is they are designed to be used constantly, what has probably happened is the compressor has siezed or the refrigerant has leaked, I don't understand why you want to buy a new one, it will probably only cost 50 lira to fix.

Yes it could be fixed, but when & by who, when there are two 3yr olds who want ice lollys NOw & food needs to be chilled, only there for two weeks & you obviously havent met my daughter:3:

buying a fridgefreezer
So is it cost effective to leave fridge/freezer on all the time when you are only using it 3/4 times a year?
our friend leave theirs on in Spain all the time and don't visit much more than us!

buying a fridgefreezer
my uncle just had his repaired cost him 40 pound, he went back to the shop he purchased from they sent engineer out

mike dj

buying a fridgefreezer
50 tl to regas a fridge and its 5 years old , 10tl for a check on monday as it was freezing up in the small freezer box , does not cost a fortune ,no need to buy new until engineer says so . mike

Latest Posts

Top Bottom