srthomas1957

Buying a apartment in Akbuk
hi
we are in the process of buying a resale apartment inthe Bay View complex and hope that we have done the right thing, can someone tell us about this area the good and the bad, we had a fleeting visit and liked the area of what we saw and had a good feeling but still unsure if we picked the right area.
Thanks in advance :thanks:

Tess

Hi and a warm welcome to the forum. Akbuk is a lovely area and is very popular, quiet but you have the option of going into Altinkum which is a lot bigger and more lively.
Have you not been to Akbuk / Altinkum etc ?? Sorry I see you had a fleeting visit.
I am not doubting your resale is good but do be very careful and make sure all is in order before you part with any cash then no shocks along the way.
Good Luck and I do hope you will be happy with your choice.

Hi we have bought in Akbuk as well, was finished last year but haven't had a chance to get out there for any long periods. We are going out shortly to spend some time there and hopefully explore the area more fully. but the few times we have been its really lovely there, some nice restaurants and if you do want a bit of noise as Tess has said there is a bus into Altinkum, fairly frequent in high summer i believe. i dont know the complex, sorry, but in my opinion you have chosen a beautiful place to buy. I believe there are some walks in the area as well, if anyone else out there knows please post.
have a good time in Akbuk. Yvette

srthomas1957

Hi and a warm welcome to the forum. Akbuk is a lovely area and is very popular, quiet but you have the option of going into Altinkum which is a lot bigger and more lively.
Have you not been to Akbuk / Altinkum etc ?? Sorry I see you had a fleeting visit.
I am not doubting your resale is good but do be very careful and make sure all is in order before you part with any cash then no shocks along the way.
Good Luck and I do hope you will be happy with your choice.
thanks for your reply
we hope that everything is in order as well, we hopefuly have done everything ok,we engaged a solicitor that is based in the U.K and came with good credentials so we hope that they do there job. As you say there are some quite scary stories of people getting ripped off but you can only do so much before you have to trust someone. We also are looking forward to exploring the area and hopefuly saying hello to everyone who lives there.
Steve N Denise

akbukowl

are the bay view apartments on the top of the hill ? ,like everyone says make sure all is in order before you part with the money make sure checks are done to find if there are any outstanding debts attatched to the property.we have an apartment on the Touch of paradise site which is quite close to you and we love it.Akbuk is quaint resort without the hussle of Altinkum ,plenty of good rest/bars and usually a bit cheaper than down the coast

Latest Posts

Top Bottom