ceemac

Shake It Baby...
'Butter Should Be Banned'
Butter should be banned in a bid to save thousands of lives, a leading heart surgeon has claimed.

Shyam Kolvekar, of the University College London Hospital, is leading a campaign to reduce saturated fat in diets after treating patients as young as 33 for heart bypass operations.

Here

C

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Hmmm we can't have ciggerettes they kill us we shouldn't drink its bad for kidneys and liver , sugar makes us fat , milk is also bad for us , But there was a report recently that spreads contain Plastic and we are eating it !!! So i'll stick to butter on my toast , Wonder what he'd say about bread and dripping , ???? eh eh ..i do use spread on sandwiches but never on toast .....Diane

teosgirl

I watched Sky News do a report on this story yesterday.
UK doctors are now claiming that it's the trans fats that are much worse for your health than saturated fat, and that this type of fat should be banned.

The reporter claimed that trans fats *which he discribed as man made fat to preserve and bulk out the produce* are already banned in many EU countries. I didn't know that. It makes you wonder.

Trans fats exist in Butter, chips, cakes and pies and most things that we'd class as convenience food.

Charlotte

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Trans fats exist in Butter, chips, cakes and pies and most things that we'd class as convenience food.

Charlotte

Thats it then. No more Butter, chips, cakes, pies, or Macdonalds for me then.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teosgirl

haha yes Pete, it always seems to be the stuff that tastes good that's bad for us ; it's never brussel sprouts or cabbage :)

Tess

Absolutely adore vegetables, but I have to admit my biggest downfall is butter, love the stuff, especially on lovely fresh bread and dry floury spuds. Hard to beat the habit as when I was growing up my Mum would never have entertained the spreads and always had the real McCoy, my girls rarely touch the stuff, so that's good. Another thing we always had was milk with our dinner, its hard to beat the habits you grew up with. Willpower I daresay the key. When I lost a good bit of weight last year I gave up the butter and milk and white bread have to say the weight shifted.

suzyq

I am getting so very fed with all these reports one week we are being told not to eat things and then later on told that they are alright and that the first study was flawed and so it goes on.

Is it any wonder people are getting sick, I can't believe long term it is good for our bodies when additives are now put into most foods to make them last longer, food and liquids are stored in tins or plastic containers so goodness knows what chemicals are seeping into the foods or liquids, also crops and vegetables are sprayed with chemicals unless you buy organic.

Maybe we should start going back to basics slowly.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Hmmm we can't have ciggerettes they kill us we shouldn't drink its bad for kidneys and liver , sugar makes us fat , milk is also bad for us , But there was a report recently that spreads contain Plastic and we are eating it !!! So i'll stick to butter on my toast , Wonder what he'd say about bread and dripping , ???? eh eh ..i do use spread on sandwiches but never on toast .....Diane

Well said, we only live once.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Always have butter, have tried other spreads like utterly butterly, and they just don't do it for me, they taste sickly. I think moderation is the key too, like for instance a couple or 3 red wines every day is good for your heart, recently aspirin and whisky has proved to keep the body good too. I have to have full fat milk on my cereals, altho I do have skimmed milk in my tea, but I have really got to love drinking chocolate on these cold winter afternoons, but make it with full fat fresh milk. I wonder what they will tell us next what is bad for us? I couldn't ever stop having my chocolate fix.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom