whu66

www.gulluk.co.uk, www.cjceramics.com
Business Agreement or Will??
Hi All,
We have bought 2 properties in Turkey jointly with my mum. The Tapu however is only registered in my mothers name. We were wondering which way would be best: whether a Business agreement, a Will or us being added to the Tapu. The cost has put us off the lather.
Also can the Will or agreement be done in the UK.
We have been paying equalilly for the 2 properties over the past 3/4 years.
What is worrying us that if anything did happen to mum ( God forbid) the properties would be inherited by myself and my sister, whom she has had no financial input into this venture. Also then we are left with inheritnace tax.

Thanks in Advance Mrs WHU

Last edited:

Peregrine

Mrs Whu, did you use a lawyer when you bought these properties? and if so didnt you ask him about this in the first place?

your best course of action, rather than ask for opinions on the forum, is to get a lawyer and ask him to sort it out for you

jelly

Hi All,
We have bought 2 properties in Turkey jointly with my mum. The Tapu however is only registered in my mothers name. We were wondering which way would be best: whether a Business agreement, a Will or us being added to the Tapu. The cost has put us off the lather.
Also can the Will or agreement be done in the UK.
We have been paying equalilly for the 2 properties over the past 3/4 years.
What is worrying us that if anything did happen to mum ( God forbid) the properties would be inherited by myself and my sister, whom she has had no financial input into this venture. Also then we are left with inheritnace tax.

Thanks in Advance Mrs WHU
I would get your names added so that you all hold an equal share (you'll have to pay taxes to do this), if anything happens to your mum then the properties will be shared between her children (or spouse if she has one), so your sister will get a share.

Also you won't be able to sell it if the sister doesn't agree, could be tricky unless you are really close. I would add your names.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom